Thread: Is Their A Program...

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    that can tell me what the file type is if it dosnt have a extention?

cause i dled a file and it took me a while and i dont know its a exe or a bin or a iso or a zip or what. so is their a program that does that?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Don't title your thread: Is Their A Program...

Read the new thread in SoftwareWorld about Etiquette: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=80730

When writing your title and description please make full use of it. Write the title
    relating to question and in description a little bit about the problem. Please don't write "Help needed" and then nothing in description or title to convey what its about. The possibility is that some people here who are regulars quickly visit topics what they know of and hasnt had many replies and answer it. If topics are vague not many people (who may know the answers) might reply.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@11 November 2003 - 00:38
    that can tell me what the file type is if it dosnt have a extention?

cause i dled a file and it took me a while and i dont know its a exe or a bin or a iso or a zip or what. so is their a program that does that?
    go into a folder, go to tools>folder options>view and uncheck "hide extensions for known filetypes"

this might be what you need to do...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Having said that (what Virtualbody1234 mentioned)...

You can enable view of all extensions by going into the folder and then Tools > Folder Options >View , then select "Show hidden files and folder."

If you encounter any extension you don&#39;t know of you can search here.

I don&#39;t see a need for a program for this.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>