Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duke Nukem Forever ??

Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

How do you feel about this guyz ?
    Are they able to justify the 15yrs LONG wait ???
    Haven't played yet, but majority of reviews are negative.

2. Games   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i like DN and will eventually play this. at the moment though the game is getting craptastic reviews due to a lot of it's humor. it's fucking DUKE and the humor is supposed to be there. some ppl are just too uptight.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Games   -   #3
    I doubt it will be anything spectacular but I'm try it anyways just to see.

4. Games   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I started playing it yesterday and it's so far very disappointing.The main complaint is that you are very limited in what you can do as everything is annoyingly incredibly scene specific.That and it's (so far) neither fun or funny.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I started playing it yesterday and it's so far very disappointing.The main complaint is that you are very limited in what you can do as everything is annoyingly incredibly scene specific.That and it's (so far) neither fun or funny.
    I heard you dont even have the freedom of free look?
    is it all fixed cameras ?

Lol im too lazy to check gameplay even in youtube

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    I heard you dont even have the freedom of free look?
    is it all fixed cameras ?

Lol im too lazy to check gameplay even in youtube
    No it's first person so i wouldn't term that fixed,I've gone quite a bit further now and everything just seems so painfully arbitrary.Worse than that half the time you can't even interact with something standing right in front of you like it didn't even exist.
    Also the Boss battles " the Bosses can be only hurt by explosives or turrets" or some such stupidity and even then (so far) they are not much of a challenge and I'm hardly a whiz at this sort of thing.
    And the "puzzles" are little more than try not getting lost .

My honest take on the whole thing(so far) is that the creators finally got sick of the thing being infinitely in limbo tacked a few shots of breasts in to make it seem risque and throw it out there hoping that anyone was stupid enough to still buy it.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-17-2011 at 08:49 PM.

7. Games   -   #7
    My honest take on the whole thing(so far) is that the creators finally got sick of the thing being infinitely in limbo tacked a few shots of breasts in to make it seem risque and throw it out there hoping that anyone was stupid enough to still buy it.
    Thanks, you saved me and i will save by bandwidth, by not downloading it

8. Games   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    No matter I still haven't seen anything positive written about this game anywhere, I still have to try it. I have to see it by myself, and the good thing is expectations aren't too high.

9. Games   -   #9
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    You've all waited over a decade for it, of coarse you're going to be disappointed. Is that enough to warrant the poor reviews? Probably not.

My views are pretty neutral on this franchise, was never really a fan but can understand fans anger towards a franchise being ass raped.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    You've all waited over a decade for it, of coarse you're going to be disappointed. Is that enough to warrant the poor reviews? Probably not.

My views are pretty neutral on this franchise, was never really a fan but can understand fans anger towards a franchise being ass raped.
    I didn't wait 10 minutes for it and I still think it's pretty terrible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast