Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tweaks And Tips For Win Xp

Originally posted by clocker@13 November 2003 - 00:44
    If you really want to help out nOObs, why not just post the link to BlackViper's website?

If they are willing to spend some time they can not only learn what to do, but also WHY.

90% of these tips are from his site anyway.
    You are right. Posting tips here would just make this too long and hard to search for a specific one for anyone.

Almost everyone goes to that website so why not just refer people to that.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by .hack@13 November 2003 - 22:32
    fuck u nikita
    whats nikita done?

i think that playing with the registry is just asking for trouble if you not sure of what you are doing, I get so many callouts from people who have tweaked and fiddled needlessly and then they find to their utter surprise that their pc wont boot&#33; easy money to me but again again they do it if you unsure just do the basics, defrag, disk cleanup, diskcheck/scandisk and keeping ya pc up to date with drivers and software patches. and even updating drivers can cause issues in the wrong hands&#33; installing the completely wrong driver for their hardware even after windows has said this driver may not work with your hardware&#33; and then blank screen or not booting at all&#33;. my advice is dont touch if you dont know what you are doing or at least get yourself clued up first and backup your pc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    i not complaining, some of your tips are great, i just think that people should be aware that tweaking the registry can have bad results to the point where pc&#39;s dont even boot. chill man...chill

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Ex-member
    I agree. Chill.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    muchspl2
    most of its great but i concur on the registry, when I was younger I read a post like yoursabout cleaning up the regestry and said, wow I got too much stuff in my registry, think ill clean house, ended up having to f-disc just to reload windows, and i had to do that 2 times
    long story short, backup before you mess with the registry

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    ya well duh// i thought everyone already knew to back up before u mess with shit like that

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    muchspl2
    not the person that reads your thread, you were writing this for n00b&#39;s right

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by .hack@13 November 2003 - 23:30
    ya well duh// i thought everyone already knew to back up before u mess with shit like that
    You said it yourself, it&#39;s a n00b guide. You can&#39;t assume that n00bs will know things like that.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    geee hack i don&#39;t thinx they like you or your tips hahahaha
    i thinx everybody needs to chilll and SMOKE EM IF YA GOT EM&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

i checked out that Black Viper Site....most excellent&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    here&#39;s another one with some nice tips Windows Tips

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast