Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Dunn, learn a lesson

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    It's not the first nor the last time someone with a high octane personality flies to close to the flame.
    Having been involved with professional motorcycle racing for several years, I've known several "high octane personalities".
    Driving drunk at 100mph+ is NOT an expression of such a personality, it's the act of a recklessly irresponsible asshole.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Ryan whatshisface was most definitely a reckless asshole - but it can't be denied this guy was into adrenaline rushes. He pushed the envelope of risk in a way most of us wouldn't, and that (in part) distinguishes this particular personality type (high octane) from someone who is the opposite: a Laissez-faire lounge about. What he clearly didn't have, and what's necessary to anyone who does have a higher threshold of risk-taking, is the internal kill/stop switch that recognises where the do-not-cross line is, as well as having the the sufficient knowledge and skill on how exactly you bail out when you get to that point.

Was he too drunk and/or too arrogant/self-confident? Can't answer that. I do that know that someone who buzzes out on adrenaline and the rush of risk needs more than just a steel set of cojonnes to survive at the end of the day. Lady luck only goes so far.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12