Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: revolt question...

kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Revolt is a forum only - the tracker's been gone for ages. Yes they'd opened signup around 4 years ago, and it was more work than benefit to clean up all the dup/traded/spam/for sale accounts. I don't blame the staffers for not going through that hassle again. Member acct's were not disabled for posting twice in a day. Accts banned in the early days after open sign up were usually those from n00bs who demonstrated their total lack of impulse control in their rush to make 100 posts to gain access to the 'secret' forum by by flooding the forums with spam.

I visit very rarely now for reasons of my own and nothing to do with Revolt. Whenever I check in there are always active posts/threads by a mix of new and old-timers Lots of chatter revolves around BT, but it's not the only area discussed. There's loads of special interest sections that still show activity.

The fact that a site like revolt is still around after all these years, says a lot about where people like to post and hang with friends. Staffers and long time members have always and still do ignore all the bullshit posts about whether its a leet site or not. Frankly they don't care. The way it is: If you like the site then come by when you can. If you don't like the site then drop the account. Like the n00b above who posted that he keeps the account just 'because' - for him a others with similar attitude don't keep accts for a bragging trophy. That's totally lame There are other ways to boost self-esteem.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    ninja edit: it looks like my revolt account has been disabled, even though i accessed it in the past month or so. gosh, those revolt folks sure work fast they do! i wonder what i'll do now w/o my dead warez torrents and expired pr0n pws

Seems to be a democratic place, as long as you don't badmouth them...

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Swepsycho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    oh kallieb sound very intresting forum.. i rly like revolt forum i hope mayby one day i come by too...

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb
    Like the n00b above who posted that he keeps the account just 'because' - for him a others with similar attitude don't keep accts for a bragging trophy. That's totally lame There are other ways to boost self-esteem.
    how you deduced this from my previous post, i don't understand

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    thor dont be ass.....

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb
    Like the n00b above who posted that he keeps the account just 'because' - for him a others with similar attitude don't keep accts for a bragging trophy. That's totally lame There are other ways to boost self-esteem.
    how you deduced this from my previous post, i don't understand
    Mokhtar ...... waste no time there, i just keep acc alive.

That n00b
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    kallieb how can u invit friends in revolt...?

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Invites to a site usually follow the same options: Go on their irc to request, or ask a friend who's already on site to request an invite on your behalf, or wait for an open sign up. On the latter - that's unlikely for Revolt as it's not had one for a number of years so you're left with Option A or B.

Personally, I'd suggest that if you really want to be part of this community or any other start with requesting a direct invite either by going on their IRC, or making a post to a staffer here. If they believe where you're at fits with what the site offers, then you may get lucky. If not, well - don't worry about it. Keep posting here at FST - you seem to have fun
    Last edited by kallieb; 06-27-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    ohh thx man i will do option A...

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho
    thor dont be ass.....
    i'm not being an ass, i was just asking for clarification

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast