Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: many downloads incomplete - astranews

many of the 1080p movies i download are missing many blocks and require many par files to repair them, some cant even be repaired with the provided par files, sometimes if i re-download that specific rar file ie no 57 58 59, that sometime helps but sometimes fails too.

is this down to astranews, these files were only posted a few weeks ago so not a retention issue.

should i try another news server and whats recommended around $10 a month

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Astraweb tends to be a lil finicky. I would try setting up the EU server as your backup, or US if EU is your primary. This fixes 99% of incompletes. I also have a small block acct that picks up the rest.
    Last edited by cola; 06-26-2011 at 10:50 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    lol i said astra news duuh

i had the sever set for the general server so now its the eu one, how do i set up the us one as back up and should i be using the ssl secure server?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    what software are you using?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I'm seeing 100% correlation for US and EU, in other words what's missing on US is also missing on EU. If the post is in that age range, a few weeks old to several months old, it's best to use another provider until Astraweb can fix this mess.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Could it be DMCA takedowns? I know giganews has that issue, maybe Astraweb is having to comply more.
    Last edited by cola; 06-27-2011 at 12:39 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster
    A few Astraweb users over at NZBMatrix report the same issues. At least one user has contacted Astraweb about the problem and reports that Astraweb tech. support acknowledge that there is a problem and that their working on fixing it.

User=origitat
    I emailed Astraweb tech support and they told me that they were aware of the issues and were trying to address them. Anyone else get info from tech support?

Here is the ticket response I got:

Hi Matt,

We are currently working on these issues and we hope to fix it as soon as possible. At the meantime you may try again or perhaps switching between US and EU servers or working on different ports to see if it helps.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,
    Kylie

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Weird that they suggest switching ports could alleviate that problem.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Poster
    http://helpdesk.astraweb.com/index.p...news&newsid=53
    Incompletes & Article Not Available

We are looking into and fixing the issue with article completion for articles at and around the 110-130 day old mark. This issue is unrelated to the Network Instability issue posted earlier today.
    Completion will return gradually as the articles are recovered.
    We regret and apologise for this incident, and our engineers are working with urgency to rectify the problem.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Use all 3 servers they give out and spread your connections across all of them equally. I do this in Newsbin Pro and don't have any issues completing articles. Also your AV could screw up things too so make sure your news client has full access.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast