Thread: Help Burning Please

I have downloaded the Mp3 New Frontier by Aaron Pritchett from several sources here on Kazza and also from several on Bearshare. Every one is exactly the same size no matter where you find it which is interesting (7244kb). I can not burn this MP3. I am using Easy CD Creator 6 and it says this is not a validl audio file. I have downloaded this song several time and it is the same with everyone I get. The windows media player plays it ok though and says it's an MP3. I also tried burning it using the XP media player burning feature and when it tries to load this song is says "error". Any ideas what the problem is here.

Thanks

2. Music   -   #2
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    you sure its an pm3 and not a wma?. if it is an mp3 then i'd advise using a prog to turn it into a wav then re-encode it. i suggest cd-ex.

if its a wma burn it to a cd using wmp or maybe it is write protected like so many of these shite from new napster are.

3. Music   -   #3
    The file type is says its an MP3. I have thought of converting it from an MP3 to a wav and then back to an MP3 but both easy cd creator and mp32wav programs tell me it is an unreconized format. I wonder if it has some type of copyright protection built into it?

4. Music   -   #4
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    do you use msn?
    if so pm your id and i will download it from you.

5. Music   -   #5
    muchspl2
    the problem i see is your using inferior burning apps
    try http://www.nero.com its a big upgrade from EZCD crappier

6. Music   -   #6
    I have solved the problem thanks to Spider Dudes first post. The problem is not EZ CD which works very well for me and lots of others. I am fairly certain as suggested by Spider Dude that the file is floating about P2P networks mislabeled as an MP3 when It actually is a WMA. I installed a program, that converts from WMA to whatever, I chose MP3 and it performed its task without errors. The song still plays properly and EZ CD as well as the windows Media player ( which is also by Roxio) now process this file without any errors of any kind and it burned to a CDRW. As a matter of interest the file size is now more appropriate for an MP3 at 4534kb instead of the 7264kb.

Thanks to Spider Dude for the thought starter that solved this problem that was driving me nuts.

7. Music   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ie had the same problem all i had to do was re ecnode it with dpPweram p takes about 5 seconds and no it did not f*ck up the quality