Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's A Good Pc Joystick For Under 50 Bucks?

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by darkewolf@12 November 2003 - 20:11
      How about sniper games?
    Some good games that have sniper rifles in them...

Half-Life (and Team Fortress & Counterstrike mods)
    No One Lives Forever
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Deus Ex
    Ghost Recon
    America's Army
    GTA3 and Vice City

If you're looking for an all-sniper game, there was this one but it got lousy reviews...

http://pc.ign.com/articles/375/375133p1.html

2. Games   -   #22
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y+12 November 2003 - 20:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cygnuz-Y @ 12 November 2003 - 20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@13 November 2003 - 01:32
    What&#39;s so funny.
    Airflow controller so that your hands dont get Sweaty, thats the funniest shit i have heard...

Sounds cool, i should get one... [/b][/quote]
    I bought it because I wanted a controller to play the game on the computer and I like that one, and there is nothing wrong with it. They have one for PS2 it originally came out for that u can just look at it and see that. It sound like u are being sarcastic though, I don&#39;t know.

3. Games   -   #23
    A real computer gamer uses the keyboard. j/k
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

4. Games   -   #24
    Sanwa supply make pretty good arcade style sticks, I have 2 hooked up to my mame box. Never had a problem

5. Games   -   #25
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I have a microsoft force feedback sidewinder pro. This is the orginal one and i picked it up 4 years ago for 50 bucks. It is still a great joystick espetialy for flight simulators. For firs person shooters I have been meaning to get a pad, but the joystick and keyboard do very good job. One note is joysticks take up a signfigant amount of room on your desk so make sure you have the space.

6. Games   -   #26
    woohoo&#33; Breaking 300 posts&#33;

I&#39;ve never been a fan of the feedback controllers, but I know that a lot of peeps like them. I&#39;d prolly turn the feedback off, if I got one that had it. Wireless sounds interesting, but my wallet screams in pain, when I see the pricetag on them.

I can remember some particular intense street-fighter type games where sweaty hands started to become a problem, back on the ol&#39; ps1. so the fans could be an interesting addition to a controller. Heh, I also remember a couple of times that the controller got yanked outta my hands by a sore loser, HAHA.

Afraid that I cant read that article. it just comes up with an advert page, but thanks. I&#39;ve got another thread where I&#39;m asking about sniper games, but extra input is always good.

desktop space may, or may not be an issue. It all just depends. But yeah, seeing how big the footprint on the joysticks are, I can already tell that they&#39;re gonna take up some room. A controller that I can just toss into a drawer could be a good thing.

Just curious- I&#39;ve never used a controller with the comp before, can you just leave them in, when you arent playing, and still be able to use the board, and mouse? or will they disable those?

Also, if I should get one that&#39;s usb...will a usb hub power them? I&#39;ve tried using my hub with my scanner, my UPS, my external hdd, digital camera, and webcam. the hub gave me messages saying that it didnt have sufficient power for either of the cams...even tho one of them was plugged into the wall.

7. Games   -   #27
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yes, my controller is just plugged in it has been for about a week or so but it has nothing to do with the keyboard and stuff it&#39;s just hardware.

8. Games   -   #28
    Originally posted by darkewolf@12 November 2003 - 23:25
    Also, if I should get one that&#39;s usb...will a usb hub power them? I&#39;ve tried using my hub with my scanner, my UPS, my external hdd, digital camera, and webcam. the hub gave me messages saying that it didnt have sufficient power for either of the cams...even tho one of them was plugged into the wall.
    As long as the hub is pwered you should be fine (had a power adapter on it.)

9. Games   -   #29
    Originally posted by toddiscool+13 November 2003 - 06:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (toddiscool &#064; 13 November 2003 - 06:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-darkewolf@12 November 2003 - 23:25
    As long as the hub is pwered you should be fine (had a power adapter on it.) [/b][/quote]
    aye, that&#39;s what I thought, about those cameras, too

thanks Gre1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123