Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PTN invite

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    If you have shitty sources maybe. But in comparison to other movie/general trackers it is pretty terrible.
    Comparing a ratio free site with 4k members to ones that are ratio based with 25k+ members?
    Not very prudent of you

Anyway, why the bitterness?
    I doubt there is anything on most sites that is 'exclusive'.
    PTN provides more or less the same, without the hassle of maintaining a solid ratio and having to put up with announcements, begging for donations every week. I'd say thats pretty cool.

@OP: If you're still interested, send me a PM with a couple of links to your most used sites and an email id.

//Peace
    Last edited by n00bz0r; 07-05-2011 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    Comparing a ratio free site with 4k members to ones that are ratio based with 25k+ members?
    Not very prudent of you
    Seems to make sense to me.

You compare sites based on the breadth of content, the retention, the speed at which you can download, etc. which are all directly influenced (and perhaps the most influenced by) the size of the tracker.

Sure, there are parts, such as the points you mentioned, that PTN could potentially be better at, but that doesn't make claws' comparison any less valid (in fact, by making statements in defense of PTN, you yourself are "Comparing a ratio free site with 4k members to ones that are ratio based with 25k+ members").

Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    Anyway, why the bitterness?
    It's not "bitterness". You don't have to have a vendetta against a tracker to speak poorly of it. He simply just stated his opinion on what he thought of the tracker.
    Last edited by Rart; 07-05-2011 at 04:04 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I'm not really bitter and the site has done nothing against me, but I consistently see PTN management make bad decisions which result in the site being subpar in just about every quantitative way. Being ratio free is not something to brag about when there is next to no seeded content and the existing content downloads much slower than almost any ratio or ratio-less alternative.

I can't think of any meaningful strengths that PTN has in comparison to other easy-to-get bittorrent sources.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 07-05-2011 at 04:33 AM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    i don't know but i sound some pretty rare movies in a small trackers like cg that i could never found elsewhere and i don't know if users there maybe upload
    some exclusive stuff i guess i will never know until i see myself

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Right. Point(s) taken.
    There was not a lot I could do a while back to change things, for certain reasons. But there have been some changes, which should have a positive effect on the site in the coming months. We are working on a few things, and that should address most of the issues on site.

Thanks again, for the input/critique.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hopefully some of the things they are working will take away from the needless complexities, instead of adding on another layer..
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 07-05-2011 at 05:38 AM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    Hopefully some of the things they are working will take away from the needless complexities, instead of adding on another layer to them. Somehow I doubt it, as needless complexities seem to be the foundation to which the site is built upon
    As surprising as it may seem, I have never been a fan of bells and whistles.
    The entire idea of V3 is to simplify the UI, the accompanying complex code, and take it back to its functional and more usable state.
    Lets see how it pans out..

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    got invited thx to n00nz0r gr8 guy really please close this thread

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by fataka View Post
    i guess i will never know until i see myself
    you don't wanna know cause you want to see it yourself. huge difference.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    This thread should be closed now, since OP got his invite.
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast