Thread: Quantum Cryptography....

Although I'm not too familiar with this technology, just the basics. Not too long ago, I was at a seminar about AI and a portion was about this. very interesting.

Quantum Cryptography

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    As you say-

Very interesting.

Quantum mechanics are cool because the logic (as far as I ever understood it) runs right to the edge of the proven science, yet the understanding of it continues to expand, with the logic trailing right behind.

That in itself is pretty cool.

I like logic-it's good.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    lol, we kinda disagree sometimes about politics (which is ILLOGICAL), yet we have a common ground, LOGIC. I like that topic very well.

Technically speaking now, it was studying LOGIC that advanced me into AI. and to my professor, dr kampfner.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Logic is undeniable and undefiable.

Except to those who deny or defy it.

There is no shortage of people willing to assail the unassailable.

For this, I thank them.

My regards to Dr. Kampfner.

BTW-Don't you find the socio-cultural issues surrounding A.I. and cloning to be strikingly similar-almost interchangeable?

Now, there is a topic for discussion (and no, let's not have it! )
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by j2k4@11 November 2003 - 20:22
    BTW-Don't you find the socio-cultural issues surrounding A.I. and cloning to be strikingly similar-almost interchangeable?
    from my perspective, AI's socio-cultural issues have not been surfaced, yet. AI's success & failures have been under the sheets from public eyes since the beginning. If I were to tell that I worked on THE project to design a cell-membrane of an AI brain, u probably wouldn't believe me.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Originally posted by nikita69@11 November 2003 - 13:25
    If I were to tell that I worked on THE project to design a cell-membrane of an AI brain, u probably wouldn't believe me.
    This is difficult for me, nikita.

As a conservative, I'm not allowed to believe just any old thing, you know.

Tell you what:

If you promise not to tell anyone I have done so, I'll believe you.

Seriously (why do I need to qualify this?), that's pretty cool.

If you decide to post further on this subject, I must, as the neophyte I am, request you use "noob" terminology.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Whatever you decide to do nikita, don't attempt to get j2 to change his mind.

Apparently, life as we now know it will end.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by j2k4+12 November 2003 - 00:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 12 November 2003 - 00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-nikita69@11 November 2003 - 13:25
    If I were to tell that I worked on THE project to design a cell-membrane of an AI brain, u probably wouldn&#39;t believe me.
    This is difficult for me, nikita.

As a conservative, I&#39;m not allowed to believe just any old thing, you know.

Tell you what:

If you promise not to tell anyone I have done so, I&#39;ll believe you.

Seriously (why do I need to qualify this?), that&#39;s pretty cool.

If you decide to post further on this subject, I must, as the neophyte I am, request you use "noob" terminology. [/b][/quote]
    lol, simply put, during WWII the US military, out of neccesity to perform difficult intellectual tasks, started what others in the field have failed to accomplish.

In 1950 a military eyes only project started in TX to create an AI brain cell. by 1980, 10 different locations were working on completing that project. In 1990 another project came along, a true AI brain, involving human brain surgeons (neurosurgeon). by 1992 any mention of AI&#39;s true progress in the US military has been limited to very few ppl in the world.

i hope this was noobish enough, lol

here&#39;s a simple site about the history http://www.aaai.org/AITopics/bbhist.html

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Informative site.

I had forgotten how often stuff I know a bit about rubs against A.I. Lots of familiar names (for other reasons) in the text.

I also remember a lot of connections with the computor industry, dating back to the early IBM days (my Dad is retired IBM); I have read several histories which relate, here and there, to A.I.

-Mark Twain