Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office Space. What Do You Think Of The Movie ?

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Damn the film was starting good with a good picture of the tipical compagny working area, the caracter of the boss was great, the entertaining story about steeling the money, and the moment when they beat the printer. But what the hell about the ending . It was just like shit cause the movie message came out like: "If you have a shity office job, just shift to an easy and peacefull manual workman work, but don't do something illegal because it's bad and you won't feel good if you do something illegal"

I'm pissed off of these "Feel-good movies" which just speak in praise of the capitalistic and conservative economical system.

What do you guys think?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    jetje's Avatar former star
    I just enjoyed this movie, had totally non expectations i thought it was rather hilarious. Oh and feel good movies... well i didn't put this one in that category.
    At last it didn't bother me at all... B)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    muchspl2

great movie, if fact one of my favorite's I'd say in the top 6 or 7 movies, don't see how you didn't like it

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I thought It was a nice movie about a guy getting stressed to the max.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I enjoyed it.. I just watched it because I wanted a laugh.

If you go into anything with any expectations, your bound to be disapointed.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Don't you get what I meant Read it again and you'll get my point

I think it was definatly a feel good movie, but not an obvious one, I would say a feel-good movie for people who have a litlle bit of critical spirit, but not to much if you know what I mean.

I think this movie was done to keep people calmed down, like the guy who doesn't like his job.

Nothing changed with the time. The romans had their circus with gladiator wild animals and executed christians. Nowadays we have american movies.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    This movie is a propaganda to prevent strikes from the workers. It's just so obvious to me.

And strikes & labor unionism are basicaly what can improve workers working conditions.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by leonidas@11 November 2003 - 11:14
    This movie is a propaganda to prevent strikes from the workers. It's just so obvious to me.
    sorry i think you see ghosts... I really don't see your point.
    Think this movie has no pretentions towards that whatsoever...
    As you say it wanna prevent strikes... i can easily say it shows how a simple employee that seems to have no influence on the company can get a real big influence... aka everyone in a firm can play an important role in the future of the firm...

But then again i just watched and enjoyed it...

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I think this movie was done to keep people calmed down, like the guy who doesn't like his job.
    Ah.. I see, your talking about catharsis

Television has also been called the opium of the masses...
    Gotta keep the plebs quiet, after all.

But perhaps your focussing a bit too much on an unintentional subtext...

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jetje+11 November 2003 - 11:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 11 November 2003 - 11:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leonidas@11 November 2003 - 11:14
    This movie is a propaganda to prevent strikes from the workers. It&#39;s just so obvious to me.
    sorry i think you see ghosts... I really don&#39;t see your point.
    Think this movie has no pretentions towards that whatsoever...
    As you say it wanna prevent strikes... i can easily say it shows how a simple employee that seems to have no influence on the company can get a real big influence... aka everyone in a firm can play an important role in the future of the firm...

But then again i just watched and enjoyed it... [/b][/quote]
    No ofenses, but I think you&#39;re naive.

Ps: The issue isn&#39;t about enjoying or not the movie. I enjoyed a lot the scene when they beat up the machine with the baseball bat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast