Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burn .bin

Poster
    And my point is you don't have to jack around with shit like note pad to make something work.

Get some help for that nasty antisocial problem. I'm sure google can provide some links to resources in our area. Quite often these services are free as well. Take your notepad though! You'll want to make notes

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@11 November 2003 - 13:58
    oh I forgot you can't mount a bin file, dame I wish you could, o why want someone think of us and make a program that can mount bins, oh wait
    daemon tools and nero image drive and no way even alcohol 120% can mount bins so stfu if you have no idea what your talking about and if you can't open a notepad and copy and past then thats not being ellet thats board line kindergarten skills so I ask how hard can it be to fucking open a notepad and copy and paste
    You can mount .bin files with Daemon Tools,i use it all the time.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    BANNED
    Originally posted by N£MO+11 November 2003 - 10:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N£MO &#064; 11 November 2003 - 10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@11 November 2003 - 13:58
    oh I forgot you can&#39;t mount a bin file, dame I wish you could, o why want someone think of us and make a program that can mount bins, oh wait
    daemon tools and nero image drive and no way even alcohol 120% can mount bins so stfu if you have no idea what your talking about and if you can&#39;t open a notepad and copy and past then thats not being ellet thats board line kindergarten skills so I ask how hard can it be to fucking open a notepad and copy and paste
    You can mount .bin files with Daemon Tools,i use it all the time. [/b][/quote]
    yup daemon tools will mount just about anything.

and guys just some info, it takes honestly 2 seconds to convert bin to iso with winiso, and i mean 2 seconds no lie

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    muchspl2
    dude your the one with serious problems, ESP if you can&#39;t open a notepad and copy and paste

why are you so threatened by advancing past a program to change one thing into another, it wastes space and time, the poster wanted to know how to burn with out a cue, you don&#39;t even have to make a cue, if you choose burn image on nero and choose the bin a then burn

now is that method flawed in your book also, cause it doesn&#39;t require converting or opening notepad, it might be according to your logic
    idiot

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Yes nero will convert a bin to an image without a cue. But you didn&#39;t say that did you? You went off about notepad and how fucking stupid we all are for not using your method. Get a grip

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by DL.@11 November 2003 - 15:49
    Yes nero will convert a bin to an image without a cue. But you didn&#39;t say that did you? You went off about notepad and how fucking stupid we all are for not using your method. Get a grip
    wrong again

i wonderde ho long it would take for people to say to chang it to iso
    meaning so much misinformation regarding burning that it was only a matter of time before the masses spout off about changing or converting it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    @DL.

Go here to read about the differences between BIN/CUE and ISO files.

Like muchspl2 said you don&#39;t need to convert the BIN files to anything else. You can make your own CUE files or better yet, you don&#39;t even need to make a CUE file.
    Nero will burn BIN files with or without a CUE and it won&#39;t convert the BIN file to anything else like you said in one of your posts.

Since BIN files are in RAW format, the burning software needs to be "told" what kind of CD image is about to be burnt, so that it can handle it correctly.
    The CUE files simply "tell" Nero (or any other burning software) what kind of CD image are you dealing with. These files can be easily made like it has been pointed out already.

But, if you understand anything about CD images and types of data, you don&#39;t even need to make a CUE file. You can simply change the settings in Nero yourself, so that it burns the BINs correctly.

And by the way, BIN files can also be mounted by any virtual drive.

I also don&#39;t understand why people keep telling others to convert BIN to ISO when the BIN format is much more reliable.
    But the worst I&#39;ve seen is people telling others to extract the contents of the CD image and burn it as data. What is that all about? The CD image contains the whole CD structure and if you extract the contents and burn them as data you will loose features such as the CD being bootable.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I think that all these people that say that converting from one format to another or extracting something to burn it don&#39;t know what their talking about.

Leave the images intact. There can be CD protection or bootable CD information contained within the image. Extracting will remove that information.

Learn how to burn each image format.

The easiest way for this .bin/.cue situation is to make a .cue file as muchspl2 has said.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Personaly, I don&#39;t give a fuck what you do with your data, bins, whatever. The point is, a question was asked. If the person wanted a lesson in unix commands and theory, I&#39;m sure he would have asked for it. If he was adept at such things, he wouldn&#39;t have asked. The simplest solution for someone starting out is to keep it simple.
    I realise you all need to bolster your egos on a regular basis by touting "knowledge" (cough), but maybe just one time you could remember not everyone needs the internet and all your l33tness to make them complete.

@Vitual nobody, the day I value your opinion... well, I just can&#39;t think when that might be
    Go away, you&#39;re messing up this thread with your lame opinions

These programs exist for several reasons. Are you familliar with the laws of supply and demand? Apparently there is a demand and you are in the minority. Sorry I just don&#39;t ahve time to explain the way the entire world works for you but just remember that as there are many people, so are there many ways to do something. Being right for you does not make it right for me or anyone else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And if I was like some, this is where I&#39;d insert some tacky banner to show how much more important I am.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Like I usually say:
    Ignorance is Man&#39;s worst enemy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast