Thread: If I Were To Feed My Xbox/ps2 Through My Tv-in...

Poster
    And played it in the TV-IN Cards "viewing" Program, would I be able to then increase the resolution of the game if I can increase the resolution of the viewing window?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    it just works like the tv so, maybe. i doubt youll get 1200x1024 high rez though

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Resolution is dependent on the source of the video (e.g. your PS2/XBOX), not the monitor.

If you increase the resolution, I'd imagine that your window will just get smaller. If it's fullscreen, it'll just kick back to the appropriate resolution.

It's worth a try, though.

4. Games   -   #4
    it will not increase the resolution, it will just stretch it. and it will look like garbage. AND there will be a delay-- go ahead and test this by watching the same TV channel on your television and on your capture card, the capture card will lag behind the television because it takes a little time for it to process the signal.

if you're determined to use a console with a VGA monitor, then use a proper video-to-VGA converter, not a capture card.

http://x2vga.com/

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...oducts_id=2361&

5. Games   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    A pal tv works on 320*240, so most consoles use this rez. There's not much point in trying to up the rez unless you've got an X-Box, then you might be able to get higher rez if you can get it to give the higher rez output, for plasma-screens and suchlike.

There's a third-party adapter for connecting ps2 and maybe gc to monitors though, can't remember what it's called. EDitI think 3RA1N1AC got that)

6. Games   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1

Wierd DP