View Poll Results: What is the best BitTorrent client for Windows?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hal*ite

2 10.53%
  • qBittorrent

0 0%
  • Deluge

7 36.84%
  • Other (please comment)

10 52.63%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the best BitTorrent client for Windows?

a7x's Avatar ǝɟıl sı ɔısnɯ
    i still using utorrent 1.8.5 17414, never have problem. not worried about paid version, definitely not going to use it anyway.i tried Vuze a while back, but running those on this laptop make me stress.why dont you just stay with older utorrent version?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Vuze in classic mode and all unused plugins turned off. The only thing that annoys me about it is when allocation a big torrent (or rechecking all torrents after some unexpected laptop shutdown) it uses 100% CPU to do that, leaving the laptop unusable for other stuff while it happens. uTorrent does the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    dogcodeo6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-Administrator View Post
    i still using utorrent 1.8.5 17414, never have problem. not worried about paid version, definitely not going to use it anyway.i tried Vuze a while back, but running those on this laptop make me stress.why dont you just stay with older utorrent version?
    yeah I'm still using utorrent 2.0.4... just trying to gather info about what is out there in case I am forced to change client. how is BitComet now? it used to be the best then I abandoned it for utorrent...
    Well, that's the last we should be hearing from Lucy man. She's probably stuffing herself down the incinerator about now. You know what we need? We need some opium.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Vuze in classic mode and all unused plugins turned off. The only thing that annoys me about it is when allocation a big torrent (or rechecking all torrents after some unexpected laptop shutdown) it uses 100% CPU to do that, leaving the laptop unusable for other stuff while it happens. uTorrent does the same thing.
    Do yo have these checked?

Last edited by Polarbear; 07-20-2011 at 08:18 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    +1 for Vuze

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    uTorrent without a doubt. Why? It's light weight and pretty much idiot-proof.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tul View Post
    pretty much idiot-proof.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dogcodeo6 View Post
    how is BitComet now? it used to be the best then I abandoned it for utorrent...
    BitComet apparently never fully regained its lost reputation after the "DHT incident". Just check any well-known private trackers' allowed client list and it won't be there. It also has as much crap (Comet Passport and stuff) as the new uTorrent.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Forget to mention ugly interface.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Do yo have these checked?

The last two I have checked. Can't find the first one. Allocation I definitely want and I always thought the last one to be a good idea to have checked.. isn't it?
    I know they slow things down a bit. I just don't get why Vuze has to use all 100% cpu for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast