Thread: Problem's Burning Games?

SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    I do not know if anyone else has had problem's burning with any games they've downloaded, mostly Dreamcast and PSX (I do not know if this will work for any other formats, so if you try it for, as an example say, PS2 and it does or does not work then please post here so other's know it will not work on other formats), but if you have had problem's then this might help you to burn the images to CD :-)

First off, the problem - I found alot of Dreamcast games (the most problematic format) would cause burning software to make new coasters, Alcohol 120% would burn over 100% (Virtua Fighter 3TB burnt an impossible 108% and another game said it burnt in the thousand's of percent) and once it had reached the maximum capacity of the CD it would only then stop burning and report an error. I tried Alcohol 120%, Nero and Diskjuggler with no success at first.

The solution (for me at least, and hopefully for anyone who's experienced the problem) -

Required - Alcohol 120% (Daemon tool's may work) and Diskjuggler and a blank CD (D'uh lol)
    (I use Alcohol 120% v1.4.6 (Build 711) and Diskjuggler v4.01.1050-Pro2)

1st Step - Open Alcohol 120%, click the Virtual Drive option on the left menu and set the number of virtual drives to 1 then click ok. Next, once it's created the virtual drive, close Alcohol 120%.

2nd Step - Under "My Computer" you should see a new drive listed (it will most likely be named "DVD Drive", right click on the new drive and there should be a "Mount Image" option with an arrow pointing to the right, highlight "Mount Image" to bring up the sub-menu and select "Open". Now search for your image file that you want to burn, select it and click "Open" on the open dialog. This will mount the image file to the virtual drive.

3rd Step - Keeping the image file mounted, now open Diskjuggler. Once open select "New" to bring up option's menu and select "Copy CD's and DVD's on the fly". You should automatically be taken to a new screen with drive option's etc.

4th Step - First you need to select the virtual drive in the source section, and in the destination section select your burning drive. Next click the "Advanced" tab and tick only the following (make sure the other option's are !Unticked&#33
    - "RAW read/write"
    - "Overburn CD/DVD" (may not be necessary, but I use it just incase)
    - "Ignore read errors"

5th Step - Select the "Source and Destination" tab, select the slowest write speed using the slider on the right side of the screen, and under the "Action" menu select "Test and if OK Write".

6th Step - Insert your blank CD into your burner, and click the "Start" button. First it will test the image for problems (with Dreamcast games the biggest problem seem's to be something about dummy sectors or something along those lines, Diskjuggler can allow for that and enable the image to be burnt correctly), and once finished testing it will ask if you want to start real burn, click "Ok" and it will start burning without any problems.

7th Step - Place the succesfully burnt CD into your Dreamcast/PSX and enjoy playing whatever game it is you downloaded and couldn't burn at first :-)

This has worked for me on every game i've tried it on that I couldn't burn in the normal way. I've succesfully burnt about 10 games using this method that using the normal burning method just resulted in coasters.

I hope it help's and work's for other's aswell :-)

Sniper.

2. Games   -   #2
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    My first *BUMP*, hope it doesn't hurt to much lol :-)

Only bumping it because it's only been a day and it's on page 4 already, and I see alot of people having problem's burning stuff and hope this will help with the more problematic images. :-)

I'll not bump it again though, if this thread still dissapear's to the depth's of the distant pages then I figure it mean's it's not helped anyone or only work's for me.

Sniper.