Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: +1 or Like button.

a7x's Avatar ǝɟıl sı ɔısnɯ
    Why not?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    The +1 could be a good addition, as it produces results straight to google's search engine.
    The "Like" button, I don't think so.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Care to explain why? If you made a poll,i think audition will vote Yes more.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    No one wants to connect their facebook profile to a site whose main discussions are related to file sharing. You know...

On the other hand, google's +1 is an interesting option, adopted by several well known sites.

Funny, now that you mentioned it, the first mod I found at vb.org was exactly related to this.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 07-24-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Perhaps we could have a "good giveaway" and "Hi, J-Dye" buttons. That would save some time. Daily.

While we are at it, would there be any way to have an auto-generating SPAM button- one that would not require any thought, or humor when making a SPAM post.

If interested, contact Idol for the specifics. He's had a prototype in the works for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    I suggest people who want "Like" buttons go to Facebook to see them. I wouldn't approve of a "+1" button either (I'm change-resistant like that), but if it has some SEO benefits, that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Perhaps we could have a "good giveaway" and "Hi, J-Dye" buttons. That would save some time. Daily.
    You could also add the "LOL", "good luck bro" and "fucking scammer" buttons, but do you want to kill the forum like that?

On a sidenote, I've had to work with a spam button in the past - but it didn't do what you're saying...

Spam.gif
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Spam and Thanks button also would do.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    All these buttons could get out of hand. I propose that there be a unified, single button that would allow the user to say whatever they want.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    I figured out that would be Post Quick Reply button.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    That might work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast