Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Job Troubles

UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by dwightfry@12 November 2003 - 18:39
    Thanks again everyone, I did feel a lot better today, it really helped that I checked for any replies before work. I had a hard time sleeping I was so nervious about today, I REALLY didn't want to go. I've been sticking it out for 3 months now, I guess I'll have to stick it out for a little longer. Luckily I have one friend that I could actually stand living with, yesterday we started talk of getting an apt together, that may be my light at the end of the tunnel........hopefully.
    who gives a f...................ha ha - jk. Nice when you´ve got some REAL friends is'nt it? Good luck

Peace
    UKMan

2. Lounge   -   #12
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    okay, this is the shitty luck I'm talking about.

1 month ago, I started doing body work on my van. I had just spent about $125 on it when the transmission cut out. I had to buy a new van, I just got done paying for it, that's why getting an apartment might have been possible. My friend who I wanted to move in with decided that he's going to try to move to Minneapolis MN, about 4 hours away.

and now this....

2 months ago I was sick (nausea, dizziness, etc), after 3 weeks it still hadn't gone away so I decided to go to a walk-in clinic for a $40 check-up. I told her (the doctor) what was wrong, and she said she wanted to do some blood checks, and she gave me a shot for the Nausea that causes extreme sleepyness. I fell asleep waiting for the results and the doctor came in and said everything was fine, so if it isn't in the blood, it might be something in the head. I thought she meant psychological, then she said I could have a tumer and wanted to give me a C.A.T. scan. I don't have health insurance, I asked her how much it would be, she said probably about $250. I figuared that meant $400 tops, I decided to go for it even though I couldn't afford it, and really couldn't think things out very well because of he shot she gave me.......I got the bill yesterday.....$700.00 just for the scan. I will be recieving another bill from the doctor which will probably be about $100 because of the bloodtests, and I will be getting a third bill from the company that read the results of the scan....

It has been over 3 months of this kind of stuff....I've gotta get a break sometime, don't I.

There is still one good piece of news, but we'll see how it turns out. My girlfriend applied for a job at the Humaine Society, if she gets it, she can start paying for stuff, and I can get my bills paid faster, and then maybe still move out in a few months.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

3. Lounge   -   #13
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Shite - i'm glad i live in a country where there is a limt to how much you pay for stuff like that - tough break bro - good luck

PS: maybe you can start selling some of those mp3's and stuff you have on a street corner to some unsuspecting old fart - not me of course -

4. Lounge   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Yeah, the medical stuff never seems to stop.

Makes the payments you can, in the amounts you can, and don't miss payments.

If you need to know anything about that, let me know-I'm going through it right now.

Do what you can, develop a plan, and look forward, Renfield.

Be a little more discerning about friends and their intentions-sounds like you have to eliminate some of the "iffyness" in your life.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #15
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Be a little more discerning about friends and their intentions-sounds like you have to eliminate some of the "iffyness" in your life.
    That is exactly what I am trying to do. It's good to here somebody else say it though. I've gotten a lot of advice from a lot of people and none of them said anything close to that. I had everything, then It all collapsed and I want to just jump back to the top again, but I realize now that I have to start over. Hopefully this time around things will be more stable.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

6. Lounge   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by dwightfry@14 November 2003 - 11:46
    That is exactly what I am trying to do. It's good to here somebody else say it though. I've gotten a lot of advice from a lot of people and none of them said anything close to that. I had everything, then It all collapsed and I want to just jump back to the top again, but I realize now that I have to start over. Hopefully this time around things will be more stable.
    There you go.

Hang in, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12