Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where do you draw the line between a good person and a bad person?

Poster
    simple.

a bad person drives slow in the fast lane.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mollywogger View Post
    simple.

a bad person drives slow in the fast lane.
    And TRUE!

I was in the grocery store a few nights ago picking up a single item. The store was quite busy at the time, and I was looking for the shortest lin in which I could pay for my item and get home. I had a 65+ year-old woman literally run in front of me to beat me to the checkout. She had an entire basket full of varied groceries.

Evil. Evil. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I was in the grocery store a few nights ago picking up a single item. The store was quite busy at the time, and I was looking for the shortest lin in which I could pay for my item and get home. I had a 65+ year-old woman literally run in front of me to beat me to the checkout. She had an entire basket full of varied groceries.

Evil. Evil. Evil!
    I had someone do that to me at wally world once, and this was already a really long line (pretty much only lane open). She was also aged. I stood uncomfortably close behind her the entire time since I didn't have a shopping cart, sometimes breathing on the back of her neck. She kept trying to move around and reposition but I remained her shadow, even though I was standing almost in front of her cart while she was trying to create some personal space.

The cashier must have seen my change of attitude once she left so she asked what that was all about. I just said you never know what kind of weirdos you might end up cutting off, so I was deciding to be one type of weirdo. It was quite nice of me to provide her with that demonstration for future reference, I possibly saved her life. Though, I couldn't have done it if she smelled like your standard wally world shopper.

Overall I handled it better than a much earlier incident, where I exclaimed, "I'm going to fucking murder you in the parking lot"
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Poster
    ha. self note.
    never push in line in front of young men when i am old (er).
    you're lucky to have the constitution to be able to breathe down the old bat's neck.
    knowing me, if she pushed in front of me, she'd turn around, flash me her pearly offwhite, food soaked dentures, then say, "you dont mind do you dear"
    then I'd offer to carry her milk for her. grr.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by mollywogger View Post
    ha. self note.
    never push in line in front of young men when i am old (er).
    you're lucky to have the constitution to be able to breathe down the old bat's neck.
    knowing me, if she pushed in front of me, she'd turn around, flash me her pearly offwhite, food soaked dentures, then say, "you dont mind do you dear"
    then I'd offer to carry her milk for her. grr.
    Acknowledgment is another story. Then I'm all laughing and saying, "no problem." I just get proactive if the person is an obvious douche or cunt. What happens when you put a douche and a cunt together? Nothing! Nobody washes that way anymore.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    its depend on me that how can i judge the man is he good or bad,no body is bad , its habit and society makes it bad, society force it to do bad things which make it bad ,but mostly people are good education is a major difference between good and bad.so in my point of view if we teach bad people it may they are become good

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    I dont, I judge the act.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Heya all (new guy here)!
    Philosophically, a good person may be a person that does something good according to general values. That is, if a decision is made due to the right values, then no matter the outcome, he is still good. But wether someone is good or bad, is simply down to the individual in my opinion. The Nazis were good according to those involved in their philosophy. They are counted as evil only because the general public's opinion about them (of course including me) is negative. One could argue that their actions are inhuman and opposes every normal social value (sorry if I'm a bad writer, I'm Norwegian). This small discussion ultimately gets down to a simple question; Are humans controlled by "laws" determining good and bad, or is the definition of good and bad a product of each individual's psyche created by their environment? If there are laws, then we can map the general ideas of good and evil, if not, those terms become relative.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_X View Post
    The Nazis were good according to those involved in their philosophy.
    Whoa whoa, before the spilling of wet feces slosh deflates your face cheeks, support for the 'Nazis' was not based on a matter of them doing philosophical good. There are many other reasons, none of them in the name of good. If we're going to do a Nazi thing, do it right... like the Nazis.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    I think "good" and "bad" are inherently subjective terms, but if you want to be able to usefully judge actions then you have to agree on a basis. I think there are two contenders: survival of the species, and self-preservation. They are both fundamentally part of our core beings and they're both powerful instincts. And they would both result in different answers to the question of whether a given action was "good" or "bad". Personally, I think survival of the species is the stronger of the two. People do lay down their own lives to protect children, particularly their own. So I think it is reasonable to judge an individuals actions based on whether they benefit or harm the interests of the wider public. So, on that basis, trying to breed a race of blue-eyed blondes isn't in itself bad (though if you were too selective in your breeding then you would end up concentrating recessive genes and that wouldn't be weonderful). But trying to exterminate other races is definitely bad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234