Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S.mouse! - Squashed Nigga

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Can someone explain to me what it even means?

During the 70's-90's the Aussie cunts here were calling Mediterranean kids wogs without a clue to what it actually means. Wasn't till I had to do a report in High School about the immigrants did I work out what it meant. Thank you Wikipedia!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Lounge   -   #22
    What the fuck:

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...w=1920&bih=936

Doesn't really explain much other than the fact that it's offensive.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Thank you Wikipedia again:

The word originated as a term used in a neutral context to refer to black people, as a variation of the Spanish/Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger, meaning the color "black"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger

So that's why it's offensive; because it's a hybrid of words from a different language?
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 07-31-2011 at 03:18 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Thank you Wikipedia again:

The word originated as a term used in a neutral context to refer to black people, as a variation of the Spanish/Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger, meaning the color "black"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger

So that's why it's offensive; because it's a hybrid of words from a different language?
    No, it's offensive due to its overuse by racist, often violent, oppressive slave owners and/or societies that used the word in a derogatory manner. Like it, or not, there IS a VERY REAL history that is tied to the word. If a black wishes to use it, they can, but will attach stereotypes to themselves for doing so; same for bigoted rednecks whites.

I think the only way someone can sound more ignorant than by using the word repeatedly, is to act like the word does not have meaningful, historic, offensive roots.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i think niggars are funny!???? omg

Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 07-31-2011 at 10:33 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    No I'm saying that we as Caucasians don't have the right to make the assumption that it isn't offensive.
    That's a flawed argument. You implied that unless a black person said it was funny, it was racist. Why would one black person saying it's funny or not change whether or not it's racist, would they speak on behalf of the other millions?
    Also, why would a white person not be able to judge that it's offensive or not? I may have white skin myself but I can still tell when something's offensive or not, be it directed to me or someone else.

The fact that the "s.mouse" character says "nigger" a lot is a reflection of the music/rappers he's parodying. Would it be racist or not if it was written and acted by a black man? The use of the word nigger is mocking the way in which it's already used in "music", it's not used in a derogatory way, aimed at any person/people in particular.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

7. Lounge   -   #27
    You're all missing the point... the thought police of western culture has declared it a 'bad' word, and you're all no longer allowed to use it. They decided that it can only possibly be used with negative connotations and banned it's use. They implemented such deranged thinking as "You are a racist if you use these words" without any consideration about the context within which their declared "racist words" were actually being used in. So the point is you're all not grown up enough to use these words... the thought police have decided that for you, if you dare to use these words, even as banter between friends, then you're a nasty small minded racist piece of shit because they've said so.
    Last edited by NotLettingItGo; 07-31-2011 at 11:11 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    That's a flawed argument. You implied that unless a black person said it was funny, it was racist. Why would one black person saying it's funny or not change whether or not it's racist, would they speak on behalf of the other millions?
    Also, why would a white person not be able to judge that it's offensive or not? I may have white skin myself but I can still tell when something's offensive or not, be it directed to me or someone else.
    What I said was done half mockingly.Maybe if I made a music video of it you would better get the point and overlook any obvious negatives?
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by rejectOfAllah View Post
    You're all missing the point... the thought police of western culture has declared it a 'bad' word, and you're all no longer allowed to use it. They decided that it can only possibly be used with negative connotations and banned it's use. They implemented such deranged thinking as "You are a racist if you use these words" without any consideration about the context within which their declared "racist words" were actually being used in. So the point is you're all not grown up enough to use these words... the thought police have decided that for you, if you dare to use these words, even as banter between friends, then you're a nasty small minded racist piece of shit because they've said so.
    That you are insensitive to the fact that you might inadvertently be upsetting a population of people doesn't excuse it. It doesn't matter that "the thought police of western culture" have declared it a bad word and you see no logic or harm in it,it only matters the result.
    When everyone is mature or enlightened enough to understand that a word can be just a word which is probably precisely never, feel free to revel in such obvious non-publicity seeking non-racism.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Also can someone move this to the Drawing Room because all this seriousness is beginning to make my head hurt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast