Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Prob

Poster
    as soon as i press enter after doing a search in google or other Search engine a pop Up window appears of another unknown page that has a lot of responses for the search i did, but i dont want this pop up, i just want the google page, not other search engine option...

IS this Spyware or something, is there a way to stop that....?

I just Did a search in google for "COMPUTERS", and this was the pop up page that appeared

POP UP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    the word GAIN in the title bar of the link provided suggests it's adware (and the little message at the bottom does too - check out the pinned topic and adware removal
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    run ad aware
    http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10...ml?legacy=cnet

make sure to post how many things it finds, think the most is around 370 but you might have more

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    This looks like a 3rd party plug in and can be disabled in tools>options>advanced tab>browsing , uncheck enable 3rd party plugins I believe is how it's worded. that should stop it.
    I would still run spybot or adwar (or both) to eliminate it
    good luck!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@11 November 2003 - 17:48
    run ad aware
    http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10...ml?legacy=cnet

make sure to post how many things it finds, think the most is around 370 but you might have more
    OMG that was fast....

Thank you guys, i have a question, does that program you suggested removes them or just detects them...??

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    it removes them of coarse, it would be pointless to detect hundreds of ad bugs and NOT get rid of them

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@11 November 2003 - 17:51
    it removes them of coarse, it would be pointless to detect hundreds of ad bugs and NOT get rid of them
    HAHAHAHAHHA....

Sorry dude, dont get mad at me...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    yea GATOR disguised GAIN rearing it's ugly head!!!
    you or someone inadvertanlty downloaded and installed a freeware or shareware program recently agreeing to use their advertising (search)software .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    hahhhahahha i used that Adware thingy and when the scan was over, it detected 131 objects

80% of them were Gator's, they are now in Quarentine, THANK YOU GUYS...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Just pay attention as well what registry values you are deleting. Few things like Spybot is detected by Adware but you may not want to delete it. So just check each one you are deleting.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast