STATS:

# Enabled Users: 29,424
    # Torrents: 40,776
    # Peers: 407,792
    # Seeders: 401,945
    # Leechers: 5,847

Some news... - posted 1 day, 5 hours ago [Discuss]
    Some news...

A few days ago our intrepid leader made an emotional plea to the users of this site. While perhaps an unorthadox approach, a lot of it needed to be said. Users that blatently do the wrong thing are ruining BTN.
    This site was created a little over 18 months ago with one goal in mind - to become the greatest source of television content on the internet.
    Everyday we are working towards this goal, but the added distraction of dealing with users doing the wrong thing is tedious and not welcome.
    The outpour of support regarding that announcement from you, the valued members, has been greatly reassuring and we are truly humbled. We have come to the conclusion that there needs to be a couple of significant changes around here.

Starting September 1, 2011 all invites to BTN will be closed. Only user classes of Master and above will have the ability to send invites.
    This will give us a greater opportunity to regulate the userbase and get us back on track to achieve our number one goal.
    This will not be a popular decision among many of you. As a result, until September 1, 2011 every member of BTN has received two additonal invites. Use them while you can, we have long-term closure of invites in mind.
    Remember, only invite people that you know and trust. Just because you suddenly have a couple of invites, don't feel obliged to use them and offer them to strangers. We'd rather they go unused than end up with more poor users coming in.

When invites are closed, there will only be three ways to be invited to BTN-
    1. To be sent an invite by a Master+
    2. To gain membership from an OFFICIAL recruitment thread on other respected trackers, to be coordinated by our Recruitment Manager.
    3. To sit an interview in our IRC invite channel which will be opened occasionally.

The second change is that all BTN currency transactions between users will be disabled. The shop will return, but you will not be able to gift bonus points, lumens, upload etc. to other users. This feature has been abused and it's time to end it.

A final note to those of you either breaching the rules or considering it. Do not, we will find you. We encourage every BTN member that values his/her account to have another read of our rules.
    All staff are equipped with a button that will force you to search for another TV source.

tl;dr -

1. No more invites.
    2. No more sending BTN currency.

//BTN Staff
    bad idea, closing Invites

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    well i guess it will be a more hard to get tracker now

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Not really, they're still going to have unlimited invite threads in various places from the sounds of things, in addition to the IRC interviews, plus the few hundred people above Master+. It's not great, but it's not going Fort Knox style like HDBits.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I remember when BTN used to be fun and cool to work for, but now it's a chore.

I wish it wasn't like this, but it seems like wherever we turn, all we see are bad users. There’s a large amount of good users, and we're sorry you're being punished for the bad users’ actions.

Most of BTN Staff's work each day is focused around bad users. We rarely have time anymore to add new cool stuff, because we're busy trying to stop bad users being bad.

Things bad users do: Exploit our system, Trade and Sell invites, user cheating software, rate limit their client, general douche baggery.

When we started, our main focus was making BTN better, but now all we do is punish bad users.

I can't see why users can't be respectable and just use the system instead of cheating it; our systems are in place so EVERYONE at BTN can get a good user experience and fast download speeds as well as a heap of content.

I also can't stand how when we change something, we only ever see bitching from users in the forums; it leaves me not wanting to add new things. I haven’t coded anything for the main site in a few months since that when i do all i get is complaints that something has changed, even if it improves the site, the amount of bitching is overwhelming and leaves me cynical.

Maybe I’m asking too much for a community about sharing to not cheat our system and just share with others.

I've also been called childish numerous times this week, for doing things on BTN for the better. This doesn't make me happy either.

Message to cheaters: you know who you are, this is directed at you. Instead of spending so much time cheating our system and hurting others, go use another service like rapid share or UseNet. We don't want you here.

This is my rant, no other staff's opinions are reflected here, and it’s just my personal thoughts.

Creating and running BTN so far has been a joy, but now it just makes me angry.

Sincerely,
    AzzA
    http://insidebt.blogspot.com/2011/08...his-to-me.html

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Not really, they're still going to have unlimited invite threads in various places from the sounds of things, in addition to the IRC interviews, plus the few hundred people above Master+. It's not great, but it's not going Fort Knox style like HDBits.
    While I sympathize with the staff's ( growing) frustration in my experience their solution solves very little as ironically,excluding sites like What.cd ,traders/sellers are probably going to be the ones most likely to meet the criteria for higher userclasses.
    Also recruitment threads on other trackers necessitate someone first belonging to said places which besides being blatantly unfair also means you are basically attracting only the type of people you make it a point of browsing invite threads .
    As for the IRC please be aware that of the very limited number of people on the internet I know a majority either don't use irc or are uncomfortable doing so.

Btw if BTN needs a model in which to shape itself after , better BCG than the many semi-shut trackers on the internet.
    While the unconscionable may still cheat there how many trades/sales do you see for BCG anymore?
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    It's a pretty damn good site for TV, but I'm afraid of this drama.

Drama and irrational decisions usually lead to even worse situations, and there isn't really a proper alternative to BTN (no, BMTV isn't an alternative as afaik it doesn't offer the notifications/grouping perks BTN does, let alone the lean ratio rules).

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    a7x's Avatar ǝɟıl sı ɔısnɯ
    Suddenly i have 2 invites. Now i know why
    Thank you better2reign You are Awesome.
    Music is Life ©
    https://www.facebook.com/Adrenaline.Junkie.a7x

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Closing invites may lead to less activity. If btn wants to be the biggest they should be weary. Sorry to hear AzzA is taking heat.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    its a great tracker.now it will become hard to get in.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    i dont agree with you Undressed. BTN may have lots more user but most of them wouldnt be worthy if your giving away invites on forums and all. i have invited 2 people but they were just account collectors so i think its a good thing their closing down the invite system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast