Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC recruitment

cibu's Avatar I gots me a seedbox BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    As I read this topic I noticed
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc
    you might have the opportunity to discover other things that you might even not know about yet.
    so I would like to join because I'd really like to know everything there is to know about the p2p world and even more . So why should you invite me ? The answer is that you should invite me because I would like to be a part of a place that teaches me new things and where I can improve my knowledge ( I'm kind of a geek ) . This may not be a good enough reason , but basically I just wanna learn from other people , people with experience .
    Why can I be trusted ? Because I would have nothing to gain from betraying the trust of people so I like to be honest and fair . I'm more of a helper then a snitch ...

That's about it . I know my reason for asking this invite might not be sufficient but I hope you will understand that for me , it's more then sufficient .
    Hope I get in! Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick.Ross @http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2F9Km5d0w
    I’mma tell you something and don’t think that I’m weird/I eat leftover food that gets stuck in my beard

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by cibu View Post
    ..... I just wanna learn from other people , people with experience .
    Coincidentally a woman said the exact same thing to Darth Rings last Saturday night.
    Boy was she talking to the wrong person.

Btw I never said anything to Darth Rings so he's a liar and you should disqualify him on the basis of him being a prevaricator and quite possibly swarthy.

Sorry I see that I'm being redundant.
    Also if there is any learning involved attached to whatever this is count me out.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-19-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    The Trusted Community (TTC), Is that what It stands for...People have called It so many different names, I wasn't sure It was for real or not.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeah, it's the real name. It used to be the ATG (Anti-trader group) but after a surge of violent crimes and blood baths, FST opted for a more pacific name.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    jez i thought that the ATG (Anti-trader group) was disbanded years ago.
    and to think i was almost a member of it anyways good look in the recruiting stakes...

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    TTC is cool.
    As usual : define cool.
    You just asked a polar bear to define cool. If anyone understands cool, it's a polar bear. Jeesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster
    I received a LOT of PM of people asking me what was all the fuzz about TTC, so I will reply here instead.

Let's just say that, yes, rumors are true, from this section originated another project that has grown outside of FST since. It was created about 3 years ago. Those who join the TTC become member of this satellite site once we know them better and it will remain this way. You may call it a topsite if you will, but that's a bit more than that.

FST and its staff are not founders nor administrators of this site in any way, they are kindly offering a private place to chit chat, that's about it. Don't waste your time and theirs asking invites please.

There are other ways to join this site, but I'll let those concerned the decision to reveal it or not. We decided to open the door a bit more than it was previously as we didn't have a new member coming directly from FST in nearly a year and a half and I think there are good people here.

Other than that, not much to say, the TTC is a fun place to hang on, we try to make sure every new member will blend in with those already there. A lot of members there never actually post outside this section, we'd like more activity on the public board but we respect their decision.

Just give it your best, so far it felt a bit...not convincing.

If you are only interested in the topsite part, don't waste your time applying. It's a friendly community, with some benefits of course, but still, we want posters first.

How long have you been file sharing? How much is respecting the spirit of file sharing important to you? Describe you as much as possible, what are your interests, tell us something interesting, anything relevant
    Last edited by TTC; 08-20-2011 at 01:36 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Alright, well it sounds like a fun proposition and I might enjoy it so here's a shot. Although, I'll be perfectly honest: While this is an application to TTC, and I'm interested in joining, I'm not really interested in parading against traders (I don't know the history, but the group's older name would be a red flag for me usually), nor can I definitely promise to enjoy the experience. I'm a chronic poster (my activity on multiple forums with 1000+ posts - some of which are bittorrent related - can be provided), but am still selective. I only participate in communities that I enjoy, so if I don't enjoy taking around TTC, I hope you don't mind my backing away quietly, all gratitude owed to your gracious offer, of course.

Thought I'd start with a little bit about my posting habits, since you seem to be interested in that the most, then I'll get to stuff about who I am. I've been using my online pseudonym online since 2003, but have been active on fora and IRC since '99. A lot of the fora I visited then have long since deceased (the latest of which died around this time last year), so I don't really have proof dating to back then, but do have forum accounts dating to 2006 still active. As to what topics I dabble with: Anything really from philosophical great debates, to computer parts sourcing and comparison of brand advantages, to witty remarks (or lack thereof depending on your take towards sarcasm). I started using torrenting forums once I got into ScT and genuinely enjoyed reading and posting there. Before that point, I thought all torrenting forums were rather dull. The links section was a blast on a daily basis, and I would spend a good chunk of time daily refreshing the page, awaiting the upcoming inevitable witty retorts. Once that died I moved on to FST and SCC, thinking I'll use at least the former as a stepping ladder for something better (I think even though this forum doesn't archive posts that far back, around my 20 post mark I made an application for FSC to Idol), but as time passed I became settled at those two places in the torrenting world, and they've effectively replaced my yearning for ScT's satirical member base. I haven't really searched for some place else for a while since I get my forum fix for this corner of the internet right here. And the only reason I'm applying isn't because I'm about to ditch either of those places, but a hint of curiosity as long as being open to trying new things never hurts.

Away from torrenting, gaming takes up the place as my second most time consuming online habit (well, first, really, but second most relevant to this conversation). I've been gaming since I was 5, and play every game out on the market out currently at least semi-competitively, or run a team for the game. I run my own gaming organization with a few friends, which is a full time job on its own. As far as personal professional gaming before, I've started with Half Life, moved on to Counter Strike 1.5, Halo: Combat Evolved and haven't really stepped up to anything since. Played only the last game professionally winning a CPL invitational with team EAL. Why am I telling you this? I'm a gaming head. I'm proud of what I do, and I love the gratification that comes from it. Expect me to know at least one person in every game's alpha and beta for access to private news, and to shower forum activity with old-time-gamer-depression at the deteriorating quality of games. Yes, I am very vain about my gaming ego, but then again who isn't in this industry? Also, it's a little background to who I am, and what I like to do. No reason for you not to get better acquainted with me.

My other hobbies include maintaining a floating career in biochemical research (it's only my second year in this wild, hostile environment of funding and liver competition - my first paper is actually due quite soon), dabbling around in Photoshop every chance I get (I design a lot of company logos, and even drew up a current Torrenting site's Christmas theme last year when I had the spare time), and file collection. Which brings me to your spirit of file sharing point. I was a scener quite a few years ago, but not in the direct sense. I was a source for a group that is now defunct but was very successful in its day and time, and have since only joined two topsites, only to leave within a few days because I don't feel like partaking in such communities if it weren't for the competition/thrill or the point of being active there (the entire experience, as opposed to just the files). I now sit on a few friends' private dumps and request things from them that prove too daunting to find on my own. As for the literal spirit of file sharing, I assume you mean how well I adhere to the ideals? I generally stop sharing/caring when the file no longer becomes interesting to me. That could prove to be anywhere between a month or two (for TV shows, as I don't archive those), to a hemi-decade or more (I still have some torrented files from 2003 - game backups that are pretty hard to come by nowadays). I have never cheated a ratio, and have always uploaded/provided any material I could regardless of the risks I'm taking by making it pirate-friendly. I don't really try my best to share 1:1, as I know that at the very least, as long as I made a conscious effort to share, that's all that's required for me - and spreading the material is the whole point. Whether or not all the parts I uploaded saved somebody's life.

On a personal level, I'm very friendly, very cheerful, but also very lazy. I don't really find it imperative to maintain close relations with anyone online, which might come off as apathy or selfishness to some, but is truly me thinking they and myself are alike and won't care about a single ignored private message or a missed goal. I like to dick around any kind of topic, but understand when being somber and respectful are due. Basically I'm insensitive to irrelevant issues, but I don't really joke around about death or war. I love music of all genres, (all the way from grime to Justin Bieber - yes even the extremes) but I'd say being a metalhead is my clearest definition.

Questions?

EDIT: I just read over my post, and even by my admission it reads a little bit too charming. I won't change a thing about it. You're welcome to sue me for being eloquent, but it was all written in honesty.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 08-20-2011 at 05:38 AM.
    Ellipses go here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC View Post
    How long have you been file sharing? How much is respecting the spirit of file sharing important to you? Describe you as much as possible, what are your interests, tell us something interesting, anything relevant

I don't know how to answer your questions... But please invite me to the TC.
    Last edited by OlegL; 08-20-2011 at 06:06 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    Composing a post beyond the obvious cut/paste of google translate is always a plus. Contribution by members beyond simple curiosity of what lies within TTC is what we're interested in. We've seen enough trophy hunters and attention whores to know how to read between the lines, and our presence here on FST and elsewhere stretches back long enough to know how to sort out those aforementioned ones. Appreciation is extended for what is, at the very least, the first intelligent post.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast