Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100 Monkeys

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I dont think i was being harsh.

There is nothing wrong with scientists improving hair gel....its where the money is

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    I agree with ya Rat Faced, but I think the statistic would be more like 1 in 250 or even 1 in 500.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    This Sheldrake chap seems like a decent spud :

In 1996, Sheldrake paused in his dogged research to hook up with renegade priest Matthew Fox and hold public discourses on God (which is you-know-what spelled backward). After all, the Almighty seems to be where the larger implications of morphic resonance head. What if morphic resonance encompasses the narrative direction of our lives? Perhaps destiny is more than just some literary conceit. Maybe karma is not only instant, but real as well. Perhaps we can even actually influence God herself as easily as chicks can stop random-movement robots.

Ah. These ideas just bounce off Sheldrake. He doesn't bite. After all, his God is, well, British. "I belong to the Church of England," he says. He talks about his beliefs, and he buys the whole thing -- Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Rupert Sheldrake is only a heretic in the Church of Science.
    Rupert Sheldrake: The delightful crackpot

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by J'Pol@13 November 2003 - 00:28
    This Sheldrake chap seems like a decent spud :

In 1996, Sheldrake paused in his dogged research to hook up with renegade priest Matthew Fox and hold public discourses on God (which is you-know-what spelled backward). After all, the Almighty seems to be where the larger implications of morphic resonance head. What if morphic resonance encompasses the narrative direction of our lives? Perhaps destiny is more than just some literary conceit. Maybe karma is not only instant, but real as well. Perhaps we can even actually influence God herself as easily as chicks can stop random-movement robots.

Ah. These ideas just bounce off Sheldrake. He doesn't bite. After all, his God is, well, British. "I belong to the Church of England," he says. He talks about his beliefs, and he buys the whole thing -- Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Rupert Sheldrake is only a heretic in the Church of Science.
    Rupert Sheldrake: The delightful crackpot
    homo
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Poster
    homo

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Its magic baby!
    going back to the original topic
    im studing biological anthropology
    and i have been taught about the potato washing phenomena
    but not all the monkeys picked up the trait so how could you explain that with collective consiousness
    the other theory is that they taught each other as we teach each other
    and the ones that don't do could not be taught beacuse they were to old.
    there was another case with bonobos in a sanctuary in the amazon
    the keepers taught the bonobos how to break open nuts with a stick and the young ones did it easily but the older ones couldn't do it at all
    so i think the collective conciousness has some truth in it but to think that it completely explains the 100 monkeys phenomena.
    science is just a string of disproved theories
    Wiz.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123