Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Prince Charles, A Shirtlifter?

UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J'Pol@15 November 2003 - 10:34
    I am by nature a Republican, as such I have no sympathy for the "royal" family. I would happily do away with them tomorrow.

However is this thread and the replies to it suggesting that he is less fit for the job because of his sexuality ?

Are the derogatory terms about homosexuality acceptable ? I was under the impression there were rules about this sort of thing.

As I say I have no great love for the idea of inherited power or privilege. However the man's sexuality is neither here not there.
    I dont give a monkeys about what his sexual preferences are. I just think the monarchy has outplayed its role. I dont see anywhere i have mentioned anything else.

As to your comments, its justified and as such, you are quite at liberty to express it to the mods if you feel it. I personally dont think so at this stage, unless he is here disguised as a member and feels pointed out or unless gay members of this forum take this thread negatively.

Thats a serious remark by the way and not intended to sound sarcastic.

As for the others and of course BD, only they can comment on why they posted.

Peace
    UKMan

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by UKMan+15 November 2003 - 10:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 15 November 2003 - 10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@15 November 2003 - 10:34
    I am by nature a Republican, as such I have no sympathy for the "royal" family. I would happily do away with them tomorrow.

However is this thread and the replies to it suggesting that he is less fit for the job because of his sexuality ?

Are the derogatory terms about homosexuality acceptable ? I was under the impression there were rules about this sort of thing.

As I say I have no great love for the idea of inherited power or privilege. However the man&#39;s sexuality is neither here not there.
    I dont give a monkeys about what his sexual preferences are. I just think the monarchy has outplayed its role. I dont see anywhere i have mentioned anything else.

As to your comments, its justified and as such, you are quite at liberty to express it to the mods if you feel it. I personally dont think so at this stage, unless he is here disguised as a member and feels pointed out or unless gay members of this forum take this thread negatively.

Thats a serious remark by the way and not intended to sound sarcastic.

As for the others and of course BD, only they can comment on why they posted.

Peace
    UKMan [/b][/quote]
    I agree with most of what you say. Particularly with regard to the "monarchy".

However why would it have to be a gay member who takes offense. Do I also have to be black to take offense at "jokes" against black people.

Sorry I can&#39;t agree with you there old man.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@15 November 2003 - 10:49
    I agree with most of what you say. Particularly with regard to the "monarchy".

However why would it have to be a gay member who takes offense. Do I also have to be black to take offense at "jokes" against black people.

Sorry I can&#39;t agree with you there old man.
    Point taken

Peace
    UKMan

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    But J&#39;Pol, where are those derogatory* remarks???

Yogi

*Definition
    derogatory [Show phonetics]
    adjective
    showing strong disapproval and not showing respect:
    He made some derogatory comment/remark about her appearance.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    BANNED
    My sentiments too SG, where are these derogatory remarks? I think maybe JP*** is shit stirring here. He should remember his place, he&#39;s supposed to be the sensible one.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    Yogi

Shirtlifter, old Queen, rump ranger, jimmy-stick jockey, King Fag. These are the specific phrases which do not show respect - to homosexuals. If I have mis-read what any of them are supposed to mean then I apologise.

There are also the comments about his other half being a transsexual, or at least looking like one. I do not find her particularly attractive (I&#39;m sure she would feel the same about me) so what.
    He made some derogatory comment/remark about her appearance.
    However most importantly is the idea that he would be less fit for the job if he were to be homosexual or bi-sexual. How does that work.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I was just stating that there have been other homosexual monarchs.

Some of them have been very good rulers. Others not. Just like every monarch - sometimes you luck out and get a good one.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@15 November 2003 - 11:17
    I was just stating that there have been other homosexual monarchs.

Some of them have been very good rulers. Others not. Just like every monarch - sometimes you luck out and get a good one.

You were, as usual stating facts and taking a balanced view.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Shirtlifter, old Queen, rump ranger, jimmy-stick jockey, King Fag. These are the specific phrases which do not show respect - to homosexuals. If I have mis-read what any of them are supposed to mean then I apologise
    You did not misread. Apologies not needed.
    I was just curious how you read....
    I could make same remarks about Hetero&#39;s and no one would take it offensively....

However most importantly is the idea that he would be less fit for the job if he were to be homosexual or bi-sexual. How does that work.
    I can&#39;t seem to find a reference for that either...........

HalfGay-Yogi

10. Lounge   -   #30
    BANNED
    My, my, we&#39;ve got threads out there about sticking fingers up arses, looking at snot in hankies, and looking at toilet paper after wiping your arse, and you worry about an obviously humourous thread.

I think your real agenda is rather obvious.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast