Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Prince Charles, A Shirtlifter?

don't know if it's been mentioned, but King William III of Orange was gay

try telling that to a pub full of rangers fans though
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@15 November 2003 - 21:32
    don&#39;t know if it&#39;s been mentioned, but King William III of Orange was gay

try telling that to a pub full of rangers fans though
    Point out he was raised a Catholic if you want some real fun.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@15 November 2003 - 20:35
    interesting, i never knew that
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Lounge   -   #44
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+15 November 2003 - 16:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 15 November 2003 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@15 November 2003 - 21:24
    J&#39;Pol-

I did not mean for my remark to be taken so seriously-sorry.

I do however get a large kick from watching PC people (not you, but surely the Prince) take great pains avoiding a label which supposedly no longer carries&nbsp; stigma.

Why do you think they do that, and why is it overlooked?
    Prince Charles has no option, he has to be PC.

They do it because it is the way they were brung up. Their genes and environmental conditioning, very rigid from an early age (one supposes), does not allow them to be very different from what is expected of them.

They are not to be envied, though I have no problem in showing them a bit of scorn. [/b][/quote]
    No, I&#39;m not wondering why they deny it-

I mean why do you think the fact of their doing so is overlooked by this media which so loves to hold certain feet to the fire?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+15 November 2003 - 21:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 15 November 2003 - 21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@15 November 2003 - 20:35
    interesting, i never knew that [/b][/quote]
    His parents weren&#39;t, they were Protestant.

However he was apparently raised a Catholic on the instruction of Emperor Charles V.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+15 November 2003 - 21:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 15 November 2003 - 21:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@15 November 2003 - 16:30
    <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    @15 November 2003 - 21:24
    J&#39;Pol-

I do however get a large kick from watching PC people (not you, but surely the Prince) take great pains avoiding a label which supposedly no longer carries stigma.

Prince Charles has no option, he has to be PC.

They do it because it is the way they were brung up. Their genes and environmental conditioning, very rigid from an early age (one supposes), does not allow them to be very different from what is expected of them.

They are not to be envied, though I have no problem in showing them a bit of scorn.
    No, I&#39;m not wondering why they deny it-

I mean why do you think the fact of their doing so is overlooked by this media which so loves to hold certain feet to the fire? [/b][/quote]
    I think their reaction to the media and the world in general is affected by a sort of "royal" inertia.

The world has changed rapidly around them. However they, by their nature have not. So they really think that it is the late 40&#39;s and they can still control the newspapers, radio etc. In spite of all of the evidence to the contrary.

They do not realise that the only power or influence they have left is because of the money they have. It is this very lack of ability to adapt that will see them off and we will finally become a Republic.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It would make a change or reading. Queen formerly Prince.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by j2k4@15 November 2003 - 21:24
    J&#39;Pol-

I do however get a large kick from watching PC people (not you, but surely the Prince) take great pains avoiding a label which supposedly no longer carries stigma.

Because it does still carry a stigma.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Lounge   -   #49
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by MagicNakor+15 November 2003 - 21:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor &#064; 15 November 2003 - 21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@15 November 2003 - 21:24
    J&#39;Pol-

I do however get a large kick from watching PC people (not you, but surely the Prince) take great pains avoiding a label which supposedly no longer carries&nbsp; stigma.

Because it does still carry a stigma.

[/b][/quote]
    Ah-

Then though this air of presumption on the part of the media is of no real moment, we must act as though it is.

Thanks MN.

I&#39;ve been waiting for you, apparently.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #50
    lynx's Avatar .
    Had a singer on at the club I sometimes go to (just to make Jonno jealous he had TWO Peavey speakers), and (amongst others) he did songs by Elvis and Elton John.

The King and the Queen in the same night.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast