Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Purchasing a DDL premium account, which one would you pick?

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I don't know much about DDL but someone gave me his fileserve premium account recently to download something I couldn't easily get on BT and usenet and it caught my attention since.

What's the best choice available, fileserve, rapidshare, etc...? I really don't know if new releases spread to the major ddl hosts systematically. Is there one clearly superior to the others in term of content?

Do those ddl servers log the content you download or it is like usenet servers who claim they don't log your activity?

Finally, isn't those accounts limited to one IP / segment? The fact that I could use an account from another country is intriguing.

Thx
    Last edited by KFlint; 08-28-2011 at 02:53 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I would think they're ever shifting. I used to use Releasemix before jumping on usenet. I don't personally know of a better indexing site, but you can get an idea of which ones are used. Maybe try finding which content would interest you, and subsequently which providers are used to host them.

They all seem to be showing these five: FiLESERVE – UPLOADSTATION – FiLEFACTORY – WUPLOAD – FiLESONiC
    Last edited by mjmacky; 08-28-2011 at 02:44 PM.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Megaupload is the best choice, it's old and reliable service has attracted lot of uploaders. I download lot of content through the mirror sites and among all the sites they index only Megaupload seems to have hosting the old content so it's the obvious choice also there is no IP limits, I have a dynamic IP and I use it without a problem and sometime I share it with friend abroad but having said that I would also advise you to first check the places (forums etc) from where you'll be downloading all the content from and see which lockerz are most used.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    What's the best choice available, fileserve, rapidshare, etc...? I really don't know if new releases spread to the major ddl hosts systematically. Is there one clearly superior to the others in term of content?
    From my experience, you must decide between Fileserve and Filesonic. I use Warez-BB to get my stuff (which is older movies and albums, mostly; and I assume you'll only be looking for things you can't find in BT or Usenet) and I always have to deal with one of the two. The former seems to have a slight edge.

Some tips on what not to do: Hotfile is kaput. Old uploads will probably be using Rapidshare links, but despite the exasperating wait times for free users, they are no longer worth considering buying an account on either. Wupload has been gaining popularity due to its generous reward system, but save for the captchas they're more friendly with non-paying users.

Do those ddl servers log the content you download or it is like usenet servers who claim they don't log your activity?
    You got me there. It may be a good idea to ask them this question using the contact forms, and assume they do until there's reason to believe otherwise.

Finally, isn't those accounts limited to one IP / segment? The fact that I could use an account from another country is intriguing.
    You were pretty lucky - Fileserve was sort of relaxed about account sharing until a few months ago. Suspicious activity will not get it disabled. If you ever need to share or use a shared account, make sure everyone uses jDownloader - it uses APIs to retrieve account information, which appear to be less monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    They all seem to be showing these five: FiLESERVE – UPLOADSTATION – FiLEFACTORY – WUPLOAD – FiLESONiC
    Filefactory seems to be used very sparingly. Uploadstation I hadn't even heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    Megaupload is the best choice, it's old and reliable service has attracted lot of uploaders.
    Are you serious? I have no idea of why MU would suddenly attract people, unless they switched to a ground-breaking referral system.

The restrictions are very soft, also - a small 45-second wait time before downloads, and one file at a time. No captchas, no waiting between files, full speed. Not worth paying money for a Premium account, in my opinion.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thx all for your answers, really helpful

I didn't know about megaupload having unlimited speed for regular users, that's interesting.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i'm member on various fileshosting and in my opinion the best are : fileserve,megaupload,netload and rapidshare.
    account sharing is ok on all of them.

you might wanna read this too :http://torrentfreak.com/top-10-large...-sites-110828/
    Last edited by johhny; 08-28-2011 at 07:17 PM.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    fileserver and filesonic are most used in warez-bb and x264-bb

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    swizZ8's Avatar pure hatred BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Like Anon said, there is no real reason to go for Megaupload. Fileserve seems to be the best choice. Its mostly used (could depend on site obviously) and some old stuff you can only find on fileserve.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    the best thing to do is to get a leechbox account. This is a site that basically resells premium memberships to many hosts at a discounted rate

Some examples: 2leech.com, RPnet.biz, Real-Debrid

You will save a lot of money and not have to worry about which one to pick.
    Last edited by cherio; 09-07-2011 at 08:30 AM.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    ^ I'm thinking of going this route myself. KFlint if you choose the leech account way soon then let us know how you like it.

And yeah the others are right, just download from Megaupload as a free user. Unless your downloading a really good amount every single day and can't wait the 45 seconds between links, then there's really not a reason to have one.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast