Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed180 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Planning to go to Romania or Egypt for vacation?
    no i got a seedbox from a friend and i am just wondering of the trackers that ban if i change my ip
    You should have mentioned this in your original question. No tracker is going to ban you for using a seedbox. Tracker staff who aren't retarded can see wether you use a seedbox or not. Generally there's no need to inform them unless they specifically want it in the rules/FAQ.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 08-31-2011 at 03:11 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Seedboxland isn't banned anywhere.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    just put a note in my.php (incase of tbdev site) or user.php (incase of gazelle site) page

works wonder for me because when i am away from my computer i am on my cell phone browsing.. therefore i connect via 3 different ISP's.. a note in profile page works awesome
    Last edited by VinX; 09-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Tracker staff who aren't retarded can see wether you use a seedbox or not. Generally there's no need to inform them unless they specifically want it in the rules/FAQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Seedboxland isn't banned anywhere.
    You'd think, wouldn't you?

Wouldn't be the first time I'd been disabled for a suspicious upload speed and had to go into whichever sites irc help channel to explain I was using a seedbox and hadn't moved to France/Holland... FunFile, DigitalHive, TL and PT all did this at one time or another to me, and I'd have thought their staffers would have known the difference... 'spose it goes back to Polarbear's comment on whether you get a decent staffer or one with no common sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I was being mostly sarcastic - what you mention does happen sometimes. I recall Aristocles being flamed for "cheating" on a tracker IRC when he was actually using a seedbox.

TL's FAQ (or was it the rules?) does state you need to tell staff you're using a box, though.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I was being mostly sarcastic - what you mention does happen sometimes. I recall Aristocles being flamed for "cheating" on a tracker IRC when he was actually using a seedbox.

TL's FAQ (or was it the rules?) does state you need to tell staff you're using a box, though.
    Yeah I realised you were being sarcastic, I wasn't too bad at Geography at school...

And you're right, it is in TL's rules or FAQ's now, but I'm talking about quite a while ago, and tbh I probably didn't read the rules properly anyway (whoops)... anyway, my point being, any decent staffer should be able to recognise the IP of Seedbox activity on their tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12