Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are These Compatable?

So would Hynix 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory be a better bet for only $5 more??
    The rest of your post kinda went over my head, i think i'll read it a few more times and try to make sence of it...im more or less a newb lol

@clocker, would the Asus A7N8X Deluxe be worth about $50 canadian more??
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    YES you got it that is a good set right there that will get the most out of your set up...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@11 November 2003 - 21:37
    So would Hynix 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory be a better bet for only $5 more??
    The rest of your post kinda went over my head, i think i'll read it a few more times and try to make sence of it...im more or less a newb lol
    If its only 5 dollars more than the generic 2700 Ram, than thats a must an excellant choice, to go for the 400Mhz ram.

Also, here is a kick ass tutorial on overclocking, the barton 2500XP+, with benchmarks and a how to guide.

2500+ Barton Overclocking guide

As for what I said earlier, you are currently looking at things like this,

333Mhz CPU. 400Mhz capable
    333Mhz Ram
    400Mhz capable Motherboard

For 5 bucks more, you can have everything at the 400Mhz line, and be able to overclock much more.

The 2500+ is 1833Mhz I believe, which is what you would be looking at with your current setup, if you just buy the 3200Ram (400Mhz ram) you can get it to where mine is easy 2200Mhz. nearly 366Mhz.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I am not Canadian, maybe VirtualBody knows of some good, reputable Canadian suppliers.

Also, I'm guessing that the board I recommended is going to be more than his original choice. I was merely providing a known good alternative.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    @ john lennon, okay, thats what i will do, regarding the ram
    and thats a nice guide, ill take a look at that! thanks

@ clocker, haha thats okay, from what i've heard www.greenlyph.com is the cheapest around, located outside halifax. thanks anyway though clocker! and the Asus A7N8X Deluxe is about $50 more then the ASUS A7V600, is that worth it?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    That I can't say.

The board I recommended (the v.2.0) had some features that I had to have ( specifically- mounting holes around the processor socket) in order to allow for some planned future upgrades.
    The board you showed looks like it is very nice, I have no specific, personal experience with it so I hesitate to say one way or the other.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    that is good, i would rather you didn't give me an opinion then give me an opinion just by making an uneducated guess, if you are unfamiliar with the product, i respect you for not giving your opinion about it, you can see it in more detail Here though, then maybe an opinion would surface....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    it worth it if you are going to stick with that mobo for a while then you might consider spending a little more, you just ned to wiegh out the pros and cons... if you plan to change it with your next upgrade, then you might consider going cheap...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Well, i compared the motherboards, and aside from the dual channel memory option on the more expensive ASUS board (which can speed things up nicely, if you buy two sticks of ram) the boards seems rather comparable.

http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingRev...item=13-131-470

Thats newegg's reader review's, and it looks like serveral people in there have a 32500+ with that board, and 3200Ram, and have had no problems from it.

Others have had their horror stories, but probably just a bad egg.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@11 November 2003 - 20:01
    that is good, i would rather you didn't give me an opinion then give me an opinion just by making an uneducated guess, if you are unfamiliar with the product, i respect you for not giving your opinion about it, you can see it in more detail Here though, then maybe an opinion would surface....
    Read this.
    Then this.

Again I must insist that I am by no means a real expert, just a motivated nOOb.

It looks to me as though the nVidia chipset has some real advantages over the VIA, but these advantages may only exist on paper and in geek forums. In your PC, in your den, it may make no difference at all.
    Ultimately of course, you must make up your own mind. Keep in mind however, that just because you are not interested in OCing today, you may be next week.

I think that the A7N8X offers a lot of room for future upgrading and that was a major consideration for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast