Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest Case + Psu Combo

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@11 November 2003 - 19:56

No, but you get a free hamster wheel instead of a case fan
    Given the ah...proper motivation, a hamster on a wheel can be more efficient than any fan.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    i think some poeple would fight against using hamsters in that fashion...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@12 November 2003 - 02:41
    Dude, I thought you wanted cheap: Click Here

And you get a window!
    that case is ugly!! i dont want some show-off case, thats so cheap its unrtustworthy. i think im going to buy the case i listed above (the googlegear case with 420wattpsu). it fits my needs, and its cool looking. im also going to go with some case fans (probably 2 vantec tornada 80mmi dont care about case noise, so the loud fan noise isnt going to bother me. that case/psu/fans should pair nice with the asus a7n8x deluxe v2 and athlon xp2500 i plan on getting. and im gonna get kingston ddr400 memory (512mb 1 stick).thx for the help on case/psu.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    if noise is no issue, can i point you into the 120 mm fan isle... with 60 and up CFM at 10 more DB

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i dont want to have to make bigger holes for bigger fans. and those 2 vantec fans run at 80 cfm at 50dbs. the case i plan on getting only has support for 2x 80mm fans anyway, and im not making new holes for them. thanks anyway tho.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    they have adapters ya know,(still your choice, but at 50 db that is really loud, at 40DB i can show you a 107 CFM 120 mm fan)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@11 November 2003 - 20:09
    i dont want to have to make bigger holes for bigger fans. and those 2 vantec fans run at 80 cfm at 50dbs. the case i plan on getting only has support for 2x 80mm fans anyway, and im not making new holes for them. thanks anyway tho.
    I'm betting that you are going to end up cutting LOTS of extra holes for fans.

Those two fans running at max RPM don't stand a chance of keeping that case reasonably cool.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    @clocker, I have only 2x80mm fans in my case plus the one in the PS. All 3 fans even are speed controlled by the power supply and run very slowly at 1450 RPM. The only other fans I have are 1x80mm CPU fan on my fan adaptor @ 2600RPM and a small fan on my graphics card.

I get quite good results of 33C case temp and 43C CPU temp idle.

I did cut 2x80mm holes in the bottom of my case for excellent air intake (low restriction).

Oh yeah, I do have one more fan. The 90mm fan @1450 RPM on the bottom of the PS.

The loudest fan right now is the small one on the graphics card.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Fair enough VB, but how many fan openings do you have?

I'm guessing that you have space for two fans front and back, even though you only have one installed in each place. Coupled with the openings you cut into the case floor, there would be quite a bit of air circulation.

Am I right?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    No, I have both fans at the rear blowing out and as I said the two holes in the bottom of my case and that's about it. The front is poorly designed and has very little air intake at all. That's the primary reason that I cut the two holes in the bottom. No other openings on the sides or top.

As you can see, my whole idea is to have free air flow with slow fans for an almost silent system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast