Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imagine movie release group might have been busted!!!

Diamond Dealer BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    They fucked up, shit happens.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I'm not surprised at all if true. Making their own exclusive tracker, charging money for VIP to get the encodes first. A surefire way to get everybody's attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I'm good for you.
    It was inevitable. They were big enough just releasing flicks on the web, but they crossed the line by setting up their own tracker and charging for earliest access. Their downfall came about from iNK, and the groups own negligence of security - handing over home IPs when you're in any release group is simply not smart, a VPN is essential. After the XS admin was busted, they new what was instore for them, and the mechanisms for harm minimisation were there: TrueCrypt or DBAN. The next generation of cine releaser's will learn something from this, if enough wasn't already to be learned from any other scene or p2p bust.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    I'm not surprised at all if true. Making their own exclusive tracker, charging money for VIP to get the encodes first. A surefire way to get everybody's attention.
    +1
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    lol @EP1C. they're all happy that their mortal enemies got busted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Indeed, they had it coming.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ExtraDry's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    P2p releases have just about stopped, these guys releases far better then scene stuff will miss the releases

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Lucifer9999's Avatar torrentdevil BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraDry View Post
    P2p releases have just about stopped, these guys releases far better then scene stuff will miss the releases
    there are still excellent p2p groups....
    "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is progress!"

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer9999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraDry View Post
    there are still excellent p2p groups....
    For instance.. iTS has some very nice internal release groups that do amazing AFR releases.
    Last edited by Xizie; 09-18-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast