Thread: Help - Some File Types Cannot Be Openned

hi guys, i dont know why i always run in to problems with computers, but here it is

there are 2 types of files i couldn't get them to be openned

1 - .bin, i downloaded simcity 4- rush hour but it only has a 745mb .bin file which cannot be openned with nero, my only cd burning software
    2 - .sfv, i downloaded photoshop cs, it has about 23 files inside a foder, one is .sfv and the rest are .001, .002, .003, what can of file processing software i need to open such archieve?

thanks for reading

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You can open the .bin file with a program call iso buster. It should be able to open the other file to.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    1. you need daemon tools to mount it
    2. you need http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm
    2a. after you get the bin/cue goto 1.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thanks guys for all your input, iso-buster and daemon tool will do the .bin fine but what about the .sfv file? anyone ever come accross?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by zhelynd@12 November 2003 - 09:04
    thanks guys for all your input, iso-buster and daemon tool will do the .bin fine but what about the .sfv file? anyone ever come accross?
    they r winrar files use winrar to extract them
    extract one of rar file and rest will be extract themself leaving u the file in archive

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by zhelynd@12 November 2003 - 05:04
    It&#39;s a file for checking the integrity of sets of files you&#39;ve downloaded.
    Get a copy of QuickSFV and you can check that the files are complete and not corrupt.
    SFVs appear mainly on usenet but aren&#39;t as common as they were due to PAR and PAR2 doing the same thing as well as correct corrupt files or reconstruct missing files.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user+12 November 2003 - 05:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bawa@Klite_user @ 12 November 2003 - 05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-zhelynd@12 November 2003 - 09:04
    they r winrar files use winrar to extract them
    extract one of rar file and rest will be extract themself leaving u the file in archive [/b][/quote]
    Eh?
    Are you guessing?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    >.003, what can of file processing software i need to open such archieve?

HJSplit can combine those .001, .002 etc files. I don&#39;t have the url but google should turn it up real quick. Might even be on kazaa.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Files with the extentions .001, .002, etc. are archives, big archives spit into many parts. Use WinRAR to open .001 and extract the stuff inside.