Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Computer's System Specs?

Double Agent
    i bet you he doesn't have that system

simply made up

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Double Agent
    hey, wait

that motherboard doesn't even support AGP so how come you have the AGP Nvidia FX5600 on that board???

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@14 November 2003 - 03:09
    hey, wait

that motherboard doesn't even support AGP so how come you have the AGP Nvidia FX5600 on that board???
    HAHAHA got cought out!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Double Agent
    at least if you wanna lie get ur facts straight...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    He explained it on the other page.......... He was thinking of his other computer.

Bondz, your about a day behind, check page 2.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    for now my system is:
    some junk case and 200watt psu
    junk no-name mobo
    1ghz old school athlon
    512mb pny pc133 sdram memory (1 stick)
    pny verto geforce 4 mx440 64mb agp 4x
    diamond dt-688 6 channel pci sound card
    48x no-name cd-rom
    20gb ibm 5400rpm hard drive
    19" gateway ev910 moniter (totaly awsome moniter&#33
    hewelt packard hp cd-writer 9500 series 12x8x48x cd-rw
    cyber acoustics 2.1 sound system (actually a 4.1) (2 systems hooked together with sinlge woofer)
    packard bell keyboard
    fellowes mini web pro usb optical wheel mouse with 5 buttons (small but awsome&#33

it runs everything out there so far, but struggles with newer games such as halo at anything but low details settings.

after x-mas the system will be this hopefully:
    gogglegear mid tower case w 430watt dual fan psu
    asus a7n8x deluxe v2.0 mobo
    athlon xp 2500+ barton processor
    512mb kingston pc2700 ddr333 dual channel memory
    thermaltake volvano 11 + xaser edition highest performance cooler
    (heres a link)

thats what i hopefully get. its all im asking for, and my mom said thats prolly what she'll go with. so im hoping.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Double Agent
    how about paying it on ur own?

I sold all my stock just the buy mine...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@13 November 2003 - 18:49

Please give a scenario, because someone could easily call overclocking tweaking, but then in my opinion its not the same system.
    I would offer memory timing as a perfect example of what I meant.

With looser than "optimal" timing, I benchmark higher.

It would seem easy to crow about the numbers that a system might support, but I would suggest that other factors are equally important.

Edit:
    Would you mind giving your definitions of "OCing" and "Tweaking"?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@14 November 2003 - 03:33
    how about paying it on ur own?

I sold all my stock just the buy mine...
    if i had/ could get a job to pay for it i would. but cant, no place that hires 15 year olds is hiring. so i have to rely on my parents for things until i can find a job. im going to be 16 in 6 months tho. its still a long time away.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@14 November 2003 - 11:07
    i bet you he doesn't have that system

simply made up
    Yeah you're right I dont have those 3 systems, I made it up.

@all of you

"hey, wait

HAHAHA got cought out!!!"

I know how to use some apps and a bit about computers, not how to build them. I just picked the parts and had the shop build it for me. Jees I'm sorry I made a mistake. Why do are you people in this forum always so ready to jump down peoples throats?

I bought a workstation do use 3ds max and maya on,

I bought a server because I wanted to set up my own, but I havent had the time to do so yet, and being as I know jackshit about that kind of thing it will take me ages to do it. So now it just sits serving kl

I have a lower end pc to play games on and mess around learning stuff.

As for the 100MB isp Im so f**king tired of people pullin the shat, "yeah he has his own backbone too, should be talkin to god with that", how many of you bothered to ask where I am, or even google first before you slate me. Google for "asahi b flets 100MB service" see what comes up.

The problem here, as with all the slow download whining is that you all judge people by your own standards, OH I have 1.5MB DSL why can I only download at 3kbps..COS NOT EVERYONE HAS BB. Just because computers are expensive where you are it doesnt mean they are everywhere, similarly, just because you have mediocre ISP doesnt mean all ISPs are slow.

I live in Japan, I make more money now than Ive ever made in my life, they pay me too much for what I do so I decided to buy myself some good stuff while I have the oportunity. Thats all, its not so expensive here.

To be honest I dont care if you believe me or not, I know what I have and I'm looking at it now. Just wanted to let you know a few things thats all.

So please slate me some more for making a mistake over which mobo was in which box. This kind of crap makes me wanna stop sharing on this network and just dedicate my stuff to somewhere more, how shall I say, friendly.
    Recently Ive been looking roound other forums and I must say, out of all that Ive seen, this one is the least friendly and most arrogant.

Have a nice day people.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast