Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wierd laptop problem

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by victorjhon View Post
    I have no idea.
    Funny how all your other posts seem to say the same thing using different words.
    i think that it's normal

also take him to get fixed

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by gladiolus View Post
    This is a very common problem due to the laptops gfx card is overheating or usually a main board problem, if its still under warranty id call toshiba up and have a word with them and take it in..
    I found a workaround for that kind of overheating problem: do something that is processor-intensive. The fan will run more, and therefore keep the card cooler. My laptop only overheats (and crashes) when it is sitting there doing nothing.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Clone The Drive, Wipe Contents & Return Under Warranty For Replacement.
    Regards

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    This is a very common problem due to the laptops gfx card is overheating or usually a main board problem, if its still under warranty id call toshiba up and have a word with them and take it in..
    I totally agree.

Call Toshiba and have them fix that Acer. It's definitely a safer bet than contacting Acer.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    I found a workaround for that kind of overheating problem: do something that is processor-intensive. The fan will run more, and therefore keep the card cooler. My laptop only overheats (and crashes) when it is sitting there doing nothing.
    There was a problem with the GPU overheating and causing dry solder joints. Common fix would be to reflow that section of the board.
    As for your own overheating... clean it out with a compressed air can or, even better, take it apart and thoroughly clean the fan and heatsinks. Usual caveats apply when you rummage around inside something electrical.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12