Thread: Cs 1.6 On Kazaa Is Corrupt But..

Just sharing with fellow 56kers-

If you have downloaded the 300mb version of Steam and realised that the installation fails because one of the files gives a CRC error, then don't give up because there is a way to get it to work. Read!

Once the CRC error comes up, just let the installation fail, however don't delete your Steam directory because the CS cache is in there and the installation just couldn't install the actual Steam client. So you need to simply download the 500kb Steam client w/out any cache and once you install that you'll be able to install CS from the cache file (it wasn't corrupt, remember?) and it'll work fine!

Before I knew this I was gonna hang my head in shame and start the 700mb Steam d'load (I'm on 56k), but then discovered this and am now happily fraggin' some ass!

2. Games   -   #2
    why did u download from kazaa?? there are plenty of places u can download steam...

3. Games   -   #3
    First of all, its free and can be downloaded from web sites

Second of all see first of all

4. Games   -   #4
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by neattairoski@12 November 2003 - 06:26
    First of all, its free and can be downloaded from web sites

Second of all see first of all

5. Games   -   #5
    I could have gotten it off a http/ftp server, but I'd need a download manager for that and I don't like DAP (spyware) or Getright (goes realllllly slow no matter where I d'load from), so I decided to get it from K++. Feel free to suggest a good download manager though..

And yes, it's free, but not everything people download from FastTrack has to be illegal!!

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Have u ever heard of spybot S&D. or ad-aware.
    My sig has been pwnd by some h4x0r!

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by Lightning@12 November 2003 - 05:48
    Just sharing with fellow 56kers-

If you have downloaded the 300mb version of Steam and realised that the installation fails because one of the files gives a CRC error, then don't give up because there is a way to get it to work. Read!

Once the CRC error comes up, just let the installation fail, however don't delete your Steam directory because the CS cache is in there and the installation just couldn't install the actual Steam client. So you need to simply download the 500kb Steam client w/out any cache and once you install that you'll be able to install CS from the cache file (it wasn't corrupt, remember?) and it'll work fine!

Before I knew this I was gonna hang my head in shame and start the 700mb Steam d'load (I'm on 56k), but then discovered this and am now happily fraggin' some ass!
    im prirtty sure ur download got curupted because there no hacking or cracking involved in putting stream on kazaa lite and iv had that prob wiv vertifieds its just curption