Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snowtown // 2011 - yet another Australian criminal biopic,,

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

@chavis, ever seen Srpski Film?
    Can't say I have, but going by imdb, I really don't think I want to.

I was drawn to Snowtown by a cursory knowledge of the events as reported on the news at the time. I, perhaps naively, expected an arty reportage.

This film offers the opposite. It's jarring, boring, and completely evades resolution. I've never wanted to punch anything more, and I kinda wanna punch everything all the time.

It ignores the police investigation, which makes it more like Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer without the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    Alcohol is useful. It can get you drunk, more importantly, it can get females drunk, you can blow up things with it, you can sterilise things with it, you can make perfume with it, and you can strip paint with it, to mention just a few.

You can do none of these things with this film. It only exists as a file on one of my hard drives. You can't even wipe your arse with it.
    I dunno you seemed to have just done a good job of it.
    I was talking about you. It was more advice than critique.
    Last edited by chalice; 09-28-2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    Can't say I have [watched Srpski Film], but going by imdb, I really don't think I want to.
    Then I would say you should probably trust your instinct on that. The only thing you'd be missing is one of the coolest 'kills' of all time:

Spoiler: Show
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12