Thread: Flu Jabs

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I would just like to check this out. It appears to me here(UK) that the flu epidemic does not appear till after the elderly and vulnerable receive their annual jabs. Is it possible that these jabs are actually starting the epidemic? A lot of people, after they receive the jab get a mild form of the flu. Are they passing this on to younger members of society? Who in turn get a more virulent form of flu etc. Thereby creating a vicious circle.

I dont remember as many flu epidemics going round when I was younger. It probably appeared every 10 or so years. If what I am saying is true, then, would it not be a good idea to give the vulnerable people the Jab at home and ask them to remain at home, if possible, till the incubation period, or whatever it is called is over.

Before there is any flaming take the following into consideration:-

I am old
    I have received the jab
    I have taken the flu (Jab did a lot of good there)
    With the exception of Mrs Bigboab, all relations now have had, or have the flu.
    I am thinking of protecting the younger element of society, who could have there lives put at long term risk by a serious bout of flu.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    The Flu jab is ok,contrary to old wives tale's the jab is not the Flu virus,I have to have the flu jab because of my disability.If I do not have the jab then I am really unwell for 3 to 4 weeks.as there is more media attention these day's it is right there does seem to be more cases all over the world but I guess it's the same,before the jab more elderly & vunrable died with the flu,the latest flu virus is supposed to be coming from Australia.Don't worry mate be happy

3. Lounge   -   #3
    MusicChick's Avatar Poster
    Um by Jab, do you mean shot? (USA here so you gotta translate)

4. Lounge   -   #4
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    i'm glad u asked cuz i wuz

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by MusicChick@12 November 2003 - 11:07
    Um by Jab, do you mean shot? (USA here so you gotta translate)
    I think if I was shot over here I would not be worrying about the flu.

Two nations separated by a common language.

Additonal information.

The flu jab/shot does not prevent you getting flu. It only prevents you getting the severe hospitalising form of it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Musicchick on ebay they have a good set of english dictionary's for sale go buy them & then you will understand our language,shot in our country means by a gun(shot)lol no offence cousin

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    i am not old (21), and i had the worst case of the flu i have ever had last weekend. which happened to coinceide with me being of work for the first weekend on holiday since last summer. i hate being ill when you are on holiday. the ironic thing was i work in a hospital at the weekends. there was a really bad outbreak of the winter vomitting virus last year at work which i caught, and yes you guessed it i was on holiday at the time.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    The only experience I have with flu needles is anecdotal. My grandma took it once, when it first came around. She never suffered from the flu previously, but that year she had the worst case of flu she said she'd had in years.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Lounge   -   #9
    cowswithguns's Avatar Poster
    Maybe coincidental, but the only year I had the flu really severely was after I had the flu jab. Never had it since and haven't had more than a cold since.