Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kbps And Kb/s

TRshady
    Also, my dog bites, so stay away from my 40TB line.

btw, in case you aint realised, this aint true. I just find it funny how accurate you have to be, I think of it like this.

56k = 5k download
    576 = 70k download
    1mb = you lucky git.

aint that more simple?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@8 March 2003 - 10:22
    Also, my dog bites, so stay away from my 40TB line.

btw, in case you aint realised, this aint true. I just find it funny how accurate you have to be, I think of it like this.

56k = 5k download
    576 = 70k download
    1mb = you lucky git.

aint that more simple?
    That's about the size of it. Everything else is just short words in long sentences.

Well put.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by Supernatural+8 March 2003 - 03:08--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Supernatural @ 8 March 2003 - 03:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Yusuke@10 February 2003 - 02:35
    <!--QuoteBegin--uncle_cracker
    @9 February 2003 - 09:58
    oh man

if you read my post so you have to see that i always write b NOT B

i know the difference between bits and bytes, believe me.

but the beginning question was, if kbps and kb/s are different. he wrote always a LITTLE b.

AND THIS IS THE SAME FOR SURE &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

and if there is a bug in the programm that is MEANING B and writing b had nothing to do with the question if kbps and kb/s are different.

the only thing is when somebody read now 50kb/s in kazaa, that he has actually 400kb/s

but at last again: kbps and kb/s are the same &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

man oh man B)

so lets tell the guy in easy way what&#39;s going on:

if you read 50 kb/s in KAZAA that means 400 kb/s cause kazaa means B by writing b.

that is all &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

cu in web ~~~:::...&nbsp; ...:::~~~

I read your original post and saw you said with little b, but the original poster was talking about big b, casue he got the 50 kb/s from Kazaa and like i said, Kazaa really means kB/s, is just a bug...

but oh well, his question was answered, so that&#39;s all that matters, i guess..
    The original poster did not mention big B either, so you are wrong. You just went off trying to be a big shot without reading carefully. He has every right to be mad, as it pissed me off too&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Actually like i said a few times already in this thread, he said little b cause he got that from kazaa and kazaa actually means big b it just reports it as a little b, it&#39;s a bug...
    So you might wanna follow your own advice and read more carefully

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    riddle me this i have 56k with a supposed max dl speed of 6.5 kb/s (kbps) <-- note they mean the same thing

anyways i can dl at speeds up to 24kbps and have uploaded at over 35kbps these are accurate and steady the speed matched the time it took to dl so tell me if you are so right how is that possible

also dist between server orwherever you are dl&#39;ing from also make a difference

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Yusuke+8 March 2003 - 04:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yusuke @ 8 March 2003 - 04:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Supernatural@8 March 2003 - 03:08
    Originally posted by -Yusuke@10 February 2003 - 02:35
    <!--QuoteBegin--uncle_cracker
    @9 February 2003 - 09:58
    oh man

if you read my post so you have to see that i always write b NOT B

i know the difference between bits and bytes, believe me.

but the beginning question was, if kbps and kb/s are different. he wrote always a LITTLE b.

AND THIS IS THE SAME FOR SURE &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

and if there is a bug in the programm that is MEANING B and writing b had nothing to do with the question if kbps and kb/s are different.

the only thing is when somebody read now 50kb/s in kazaa, that he has actually 400kb/s

but at last again: kbps and kb/s are the same &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

man oh man B)

so lets tell the guy in easy way what&#39;s going on:

if you read 50 kb/s in KAZAA that means 400 kb/s cause kazaa means B by writing b.

that is all &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

cu in web ~~~:::... ...:::~~~

I read your original post and saw you said with little b, but the original poster was talking about big b, casue he got the 50 kb/s from Kazaa and like i said, Kazaa really means kB/s, is just a bug...

but oh well, his question was answered, so that&#39;s all that matters, i guess..

The original poster did not mention big B either, so you are wrong. You just went off trying to be a big shot without reading carefully. He has every right to be mad, as it pissed me off too&#33;
    Actually like i said a few times already in this thread, he said little b cause he got that from kazaa and kazaa actually means big b it just reports it as a little b, it&#39;s a bug...
    So you might wanna follow your own advice and read more carefully [/b][/quote]
    That is exactly what I&#39;m saying. He KNEW the difference, yet you went on explaining the obvious and treating him like an idiot.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Ex-member
    1000KB = 1MB
    Wrong, actually... 1024KB = 1MB

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@11 March 2003 - 18:42
    1000KB = 1MB
    Wrong, actually... 1024KB = 1MB
    Exactly

It&#39;s a power of 2, not power of 10 thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123