Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What BTN taught me

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vBooM View Post
    BTN is a cracking tracker
    Am I too old, too young, too native or too foreign to not understand why you chose this adjective? Or can I just continue to keep my head slanted with - prejudice when you post?
    you mad bro, you mad?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    you mad bro, you mad?
    Who broke vBoom, was it you Idol?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Well I was fortunate enough to have found BTN in its early stages and man am I glad for that.....its been my primary TV tracker since then. Great speeds, good retention backed by a fairly large repository and being ratioless.....not much else you can ask for. And of course, it'd be safe to say that its got the best layout amongst all TV trackers.

As regards to the staff, well they were wise enough to realize that there was space for a ratioless TV tracker and they flew with it. Ever since its inception, they have been making constant improvements, bringing in new features and most importantly, have kept membership to the site easily accessible at all times. IMO they have done almost everything right in terms of conducting a site. May be in terms of personality, they may not be the most impressionable but I am assuming a significant majority of the membership doesn't really have to have to deal with the staff on a personal level and hence for all practical purposes, it becomes a moot point. Also, I had a couple of interactions with the staff regarding my account and they were cordial enough on both occasions.

Lastly, as claimed by some....BitMeTV has some content that wasn't found on BTN. Fair enough, but I can turn that around and claim that a few searches I made on BitMeTV a while back returned nothing, only for those torrents to be later found on BTN. Point being that none of the trackers will ever be all encompassing but, going by the sheer numbers (which although not confirmatory but still is fairly indicative) BTN has a lead in content as well, in terms of both mass and variety. Of course, this is just my derivation and you may chose to disagree.

P.S. I understand I am coming off as a bit of BTN fanboy here but I honestly believe that anyone who is a fan of TV shows should give this tracker a try and I am positive they would enjoy the place.
    Last edited by bRIO; 10-06-2011 at 10:26 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Am I too old, too young, too native or too foreign to not understand why you chose this adjective? Or can I just continue to keep my head slanted with - prejudice when you post?
    you mad bro, you mad?
    I was going to answer on SBT-threads but instead i just quote you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Di@monds View Post
    #care
    big man over the internet? nice one.

If you knew your facts, he was the main uploader on ScT, the best and will always be, the greatest tracker of the torrent generation.

Of course, your 12 and were only a wee sperm then.

Learn your facts before fail trolling son.
    Sure i could be 12 years old but atleast i dont talk shit and act like an internet hero..."soon" means what? today, tomorrow or next month? its easy to say something like "soon" since you have no clue, eih?
    And i do know my fact, have you heard about autoupload script?
    "he was the main uploader on ScT, the best and will always be" if he was the main uploader and the best why his site is dead? i would imagine ppl will follow since he is the best of the best.
    He uploaded like +100TB on ScT, i could pull hundreds of uploaders of different sites who uploaded more data than him and still not going to claim to be the best of the best.
    And now back to you.
    "you mad bro, you mad?"
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by backie View Post
    I really dislike BTN, it's not really a secret. It's run by knuckleheads who like most of the torrent community will hand your details out to anyone who seems to be on the same level on the staffers there. Never mind the lulz that they created, running through staffers and FLS like it was in fashion, seriously that shit just doesn't instill trust.
    BTN is a great tracker, it always was.

Their IRC never lacks humor, but I've never seen them using others details for bad purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post
    Never heard anything but good stuff about BTN...Not a member though as my TV needs are fairly simple and what I have (along with other HD sites in general) takes care of all my needs. I find things at BitMeTV that I find nowhere else. Peppa Pig episodes for my kid and/or My Trip to Al-Qaeda, for those that need an example. At the same time TvT.ro/freshon has been quicker on some shows for me as of late and both sites imo, have pretty good retention. TvT.ro is extremely easy to seed at and I believe you only have to for 24 hours. As mentioned by the OP this is rarely the case at BitMeTV. The key to success there is long time seeding. Easy enough to maintain a ratio without a box by cross-seeding or simply seeding for an extended period of time (which I have no problem doing to begin with). For these reasons only I have not added BTN to my list of trackers.
    BTN has the best content by far, they have about 50K English torrents, and they are all seeded so well.

Also you can't easily find quality non-scene tv encodes and web-dls without BTN.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Non scene is what I use them for. Other than that, I have no interest of getting involved any further. There was a wine tasting when I first joined up and those red flags were well in sight.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by bRIO View Post
    ......... but I honestly believe that anyone who is a fan of TV shows should give this tracker a try and I am positive they would enjoy the place.
    Semantics but I would argue that anyone that is "a fan" of TV shows should if possible watch them over the airways on their originating stations as irritating as that might be so the networks /advertisers then have some incentive to keep producing them.
    Wrong forum to present such an idea obviously but just saying the economy doesn't run of air and good wishes.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Semantics but I would argue that anyone that is "a fan" of TV shows should if possible watch them over the airways on their originating stations as irritating as that might be so the networks /advertisers then have some incentive to keep producing them.
    Wrong forum to present such an idea obviously but just saying the economy doesn't run of air and good wishes.
    While I agree with you in principle, quite frankly though even if I had been residing in the US, I don't think I would watch many shows live mainly because my other commitments won't allow me to do so, but partly because I like watching them in my own free time without any breaks. Of course, if they were to offer their shows online at reasonable prices, I wouldn't mind paying for my them at all. I understand that facility is available through the apple stores but the service appears to be limited to only a few countries atm...India unfortunately not being one of them. Also judging by their other products, I doubt Apple would be offering them at prices worth subscribing.
    Last edited by bRIO; 10-06-2011 at 03:30 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch7 View Post
    Never heard anything but good stuff about BTN...Not a member though as my TV needs are fairly simple and what I have (along with other HD sites in general) takes care of all my needs...
    ...Also you can't easily find quality non-scene tv encodes and web-dls without BTN.
    Very good point for those that are in the need. For me personally though one HD site, in particular, takes care of my "simple" needs with non-scene tv encodes and web-dls. But good info for those without such a site already.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch7 View Post

...Also you can't easily find quality non-scene tv encodes and web-dls without BTN.
    Very good point for those that are in the need. For me personally though one HD site, in particular, takes care of my "simple" needs with non-scene tv encodes and web-dls. But good info for those without such a site already.
    Those in ,as it were,the actual need amounting to exactly zero give or take zero.
    Seriously out of personal curiosity at what age and how many children before someone acquires any sense?
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast