Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me to understand What. CD

I find it interesting how when such threads pop up everyone automatically assumes that the OP is innocent and we're evil...

To crdjhtw66, I have spent 10 minutes looking at your "case" and from what I can see there is no room for doubt that you have had more than one account. I really wish I could help you, but I am quite confident that you were not treated unfairly.

What.CD has a nasty habit of that, It don't matter If you're a good user or not...once you're disabled it's na yeon Impossible to get your account back.
    This might have been somewhat true 3 years ago, but I'd like to say that we re-enable a lot of users providing they are honest, some of whom most other trackers would never even consider.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crdjhtw66 View Post
    I don't used proxy. Probably I have not log-out from What. CD on the domestic computer, and then have come for work and have log-in to What. CD from the worker net-book. On work at me another Internet-provider, and on work I don't downloads-uploads. There can be it too has resulted in a problem?
    Worker netbook = using your workplace's Internet, or a shared computer?

ExtraDry: if I remember correctly, the rules were like "using someone else's PC, both are banned if he/she screws up; proxies, you're doomed".
    Working netbook is simply my separate computer on my work for sending and reception of the post correspondence. He in any way is not connected to my domestic computer. There the separate Internet - provider. On him I also do not use proxies.

Quote Originally Posted by jowa_cd View Post
    I find it interesting how when such threads pop up everyone automatically assumes that the OP is innocent and we're evil...

To crdjhtw66, I have spent 10 minutes looking at your "case" and from what I can see there is no room for doubt that you have had more than one account. I really wish I could help you, but I am quite confident that you were not treated unfairly.

What.CD has a nasty habit of that, It don't matter If you're a good user or not...once you're disabled it's na yeon Impossible to get your account back.
    This might have been somewhat true 3 years ago, but I'd like to say that we re-enable a lot of users providing they are honest, some of whom most other trackers would never even consider.
    To jowa_cd, thank you very much, it is really pleasant for me, that the representative of What. CD has paid attention to mine thread and has tried to understand my problem.
    However I can tell you, that the system of secure of What. CD is far from perfect, if your system shows, that I had more than one accounts, but I had only one account.
    I read on others Internet-forums about similar problems on What. CD. To one user which too accused in double-account, but which re-enabled, I have written in PM. He has answered me, that after dialogue in IRC, he sent the screenshots with profiles him and another user, and then his account was re-enabled.
    Why to me do not allow to make as? In PM I am ready to give the information about me or about the friend, which is required to prove the my innocence.
    I thought, that everyone know about a presumption of innocence, but on What.CD to me do not allow to prove the innocence. If the staff of What.CD allow to another user, but don't allow to me, this is discrimination to me. I don't understand why?
    Unfortunately, at me almost did not remain hopes, that my account re-enabled, but can be you pay attention to mistakes of your system of secure, and others innocent users will not suffer, as I.
    Thank that have wasted time on me. My conscience is pure. And this main thing for me. Honest user - crdjhtw66

Thank all for advice and attempts to help me.
    Last edited by crdjhtw66; 10-08-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    I can assure you that not everyone assumes that, and if I had to guess I'd say not even a majority do. In fact, when I see threads like this one I wait with eager anticipation for a staffer from said site to show up and shed a bit of light on the situation. In almost every case the situation is quite different from what the OP presents

Mind you, not every situation is the same, and in each case you have to decide whose story is most credible, but it's always usually interesting to see how different each side's story is.

That's quite true. I've seen many examples of it. I've been surprised at some of the places what's staffers have shown up, and with some of the people they've re-enabled.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I typically don't even read these threads anymore since so many users make a public spectacle out of their ban, and it ultimately ends up with evidence the one banned was just venting/trying to make the site look bad.

If there is a tipping of the scales towards the user in a thread like this, it is most likely because most of us can't muster enough interest to read such whining/venom.

WhatCD is highly respected, has a HUGE member base, and a WONDERFUL collection of music. While my tastes for digital media usually lean in the direction of movies or ebooks, I am still in awe of such a site. I have one RL friend who had never used BT, and I set him up with What, and it completely blew his mind. It is always fun to set up a non-filesharing friend with a site like What. It is like walking into the world's best music store, and being told EVERYTHING is in the absolute highest quality, and is FREE!

People get a bit excited.

Thanks for your efforts to make the site what it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Generally, these threads are just a good source of lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    He has answered me, that after dialogue in IRC, he sent the screenshots with profiles him and another user, and then his account was re-enabled.
    Why to me do not allow to make as? In PM I am ready to give the information about me or about the friend, which is required to prove the my innocence.
    The thing is, such screenshots aren't going to prove much. If that was enough to get the user you are talking about re-enabled, it probably means the circumstances were quite different.

Feel free to send me a PM here including as much info as possible. I promise I'll look at it, but I can't promise it will help.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Neither of you can send PMs... yet.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #18

Feel free to send me a PM here including as much info as possible. I promise I'll look at it, but I can't promise it will help.
    To jowa_cd : thank you for attempt to help me. It means for me really much.

I yet do not know as I can to send you a PM here, (can to me will prompt dear anon ) ...

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Neither of you can send PMs... yet.
    To anon : please. promt me, how I can send the confidential information to jowa_cd? If I shall write my e-mail in post, whether it will be considered as infringement of rules?
    Last edited by crdjhtw66; 10-09-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    To Send PMs

You must be a member for 15 days.
    You must make at least 5 posts on the forum.

One more post then hurry up and wait for the required time.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    To P2PDog, megabyteme, ca_aok : thank for your opinions. It would be desirable to write much, but I shall write while only it:

Even if to imagine that I know how to make more than one account on What. CD, and even if to imagine that I'm a cheater and a liar,
    then I wouldn't grovel to plead for help in IRC where me expel and kick,
    I wouldn't write to users with similar problems on different Internet-forums,
    I wouldn't register on FST and I wouldn't began to thread, (and it all so hard to do in nonnative language).
    And what I would make?
    I just would make one more account on What.CD.
    But maybe I'm beginner or newbie but I'm no cheater and I'm no liar.

To Artemis : thanks for help me. I'm waiting.
    Last edited by Skiz; 10-09-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast