Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What BTN taught me [RESPONSE]

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Don't you have to be inactive for a very long time though before you get disabled? I remember one of the staffers here posting once that they didn't log in for a year and their account was still active. They might have changed things up a little while ago though.

And I know E is pretty relaxed on inactivity too. Take a look at the member list there and you'll see that a lot haven't logged in for many months. I think I've some with upwards to a year of inactivity. KG too. I know I go sometimes eight or nine months without logging in, and I've never had a problem.

But your point stands, most trackers have that bullshit sixty or ninety day rule. At least trackers like RevTT will send you an email letting you know that you're inactive and will soon get disabled if you don't log in.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 10-14-2011 at 03:12 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I had a IRL friend invited to FSC with clear info that he wouldn't be able to log in sometimes for months. He went to jail for some bogus charge for 40 days and of course wanted to concentrate on family when he got out. I had to write staff there because I saw in my friends list he was disabled. This was after maybe 4 months, after I clearly explained before even having him invited there, that login issues would happen. So yeah, I thought FSC was lax regarding inactivity, but not anymore.

Like you say KG is ok and TVT is ok, but I assure you FSC is not ok, and thankfully I got it fixed before he saw it. Because I had before even inviting him explained that FSC wasn't like other sites. Except I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    That's bad luck. One of my FSC invitees was inactive for something like eighty or ninety weeks and the account just recently got disabled.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    on FSC it also depends on user class

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    I far prefer ratio sites to sites that enforce H&R rules, but I've been thrilled about how BTN has exceeded Bitmetv in every way. It really couldn't have happened to a better bunch of assholes at BMTV.

They've been nicer to their dwindling membership lately, so just a reminder of what they used to be like: https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/2...16#post2252116

And ibslice (now known as Q) was widely acknowledged to be one of their "good" admins.
    Last edited by Roark; 10-15-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12