Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Playback stutters mostly with immerse releases

i just recently started downloading hd files and everything is good except quite often video playback stutters with mostly immerse releases it could be smooth most of the time but you can notice a slight stutter/judder whatever you want to call it

then theres some shows that really terrible like alot from this seasons its always sunny in philly

at first i thought it was my popcorn hour but i notice it on my pc too some what its not as vivid as on the player and other people i spoke to as well its definitely a problem with the the files

i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on maybe how i can remux it or something else i can try im totally new to this so please play dumb with me ideally would like something that runs quickly and is done so i can watch whatever as soon as i want

any help greatly appreciated

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It's your fan. Clean it or replace it if needed. And tell the "other people" to do the same.

If your fan doesn't do the cooling needed, your system will slow down more and more.

Not that I don't hate IMMERSE releases, because they plainly suck compared to better releases, but they do not stutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    It's your fan. Clean it or replace it if needed. And tell the "other people" to do the same

If your fan doesn't do the cooling needed, your system will slow down more and more.

Not that I don't hate IMMERSE releases, because they plainly suck compared to better releases, but they do not stutter.
    It has nothing to do with cooling first off happenes with no other files 2ndly im its not just my pc its my popcorn hour media player

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DoN BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    it seems your player is struggling to handle the framerate?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    A lot of people have problem with IMMERSE's releases, I solve the problem waiting for the Web-DL of the episode that IMMERSE pre'd.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You know the joke where the punchline is "then stop doing that".
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamloco724 View Post
    It's your fan. Clean it or replace it if needed. And tell the "other people" to do the same
    It has nothing to do with cooling first off happenes with no other files 2ndly im its not just my pc its my popcorn hour media player
    That's because he didn't really bother reading your first post, or he was too ignorant to comprehend it

Anyways, Immerse has gone on and off the tracks with their quality control way too many times in the past. I just avoid downloading their, or if possible, any of the other scene releases at this point. Exceptions to this would be Bill Maher, or the Daily Show. I just recommend being patient and holding out for the web-dl's.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Actually I bothered reading the first post and if the releases were stuttering for everyone, they would be propered. Since noone is bothering to nuke them, chances are, that they don't play well in Popcorn hour because of rendering issues and would have similar problem on PC either because of insufficient cooling or rendering issues as well. On the PC if the fan (or lacking CPU power) isn't at fault, then it could be as simple as clashing codec pack installation or using a crappy media player.

I especially noticed this line in first post "at first i thought it was my popcorn hour but i notice it on my pc too some what its not as vivid as on the player", which would imply there is a difference in how it was played back on the PC compared to the Popcorn Hour player.

I could of course have been clearer in my post, but I assure you it had nothing to do with reading comprehension skills.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 10-16-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    "at first i thought it was my popcorn hour but i notice it on my pc too some what its not as vivid as on the player"
    Those are perceived differences plus Popcorn Hour is a hardware decoding device so actual differences could be likely for all I know. But surely assuming that everyone having issues with Immerse releases specifically translates to cooling issues cross platform (hardware) is just silly. So, yeah, I guess I was wrong. You read and comprehended the post, it was your poor performance at critical thinking that is the likely culprit.

Of course, keeping a clean and fully operational fan is good general advice. So the "other people" should be thanking you in droves. I'll dedicate the next blast of compressed air to you, even if the temperature is misrepresenting.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 10-16-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: -ed --> -ing
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    "at first i thought it was my popcorn hour but i notice it on my pc too some what its not as vivid as on the player"
    Those are perceived differences plus Popcorn Hour is a hardware decoding device so actual differences could be likely for all I know. But surely assuming that everyone having issues with Immerse releases specifically translates to cooling issues cross platform (hardware) is just silly. So, yeah, I guess I was wrong. You read and comprehended the post, it was your poor performance at critical thinking that is the likely culprit.

Of course, keeping a clean and fully operational fan is good general advice. So the "other people" should be thanking you in droves. I'll dedicate the next blast of compressed air to you, even if the temperature is misrepresenting.
    Didn't need critical thinking. I just checked what "even more other people" were saying about its.always.sunny... releases, and since no a single soul complained in comments nor were the releases nuked or propered. I could safely arrive at a result which was fairly certain. The fact that I've had similar issues myself, because of one of the fans in an older laptop of mine, also helped me arrive at a conclusion.

Also I don't care how "hardware" the Popcorn Hour is. Please do correct me if I'm wrong in assuming it's Firmware driven i.e. software. Also remember that many groups have in recent times gone over to CRF encoding, making imho the encodes overall worse than the usual 2-pass encodes. In other words they starve parts of the encode while over-saturating other parts. Which is the reason for me writing
    Quote Originally Posted by myself
    But then again it's clear to me what you are trying to make this thread about. You don't like me at all and I assure you the feeling is mutual.

Edit: I might add that I watch many IMMERSE releases myself and use Combined Community Codec Pack with MPC Home Cinema included. Strangely no stuttering on releases that aren't propered. Quite simply because they won the pre and that means a few days until better release.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 10-16-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast