Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please invite me to xbtmusic.org

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    It's a symptom of my birth disorder, Always-Rightedson's Syndrome
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I had a lot of fun blind-testing some younger classmates with FLAC vs. 128/160/192Kbps mp3. Most of them thought FLAC sounded just wrong and picked the mp3 as sounding better every time, since they were used to radio and low quality mp3 from napster, limewire etc instead of actual CDs.

So unless Olegl is someone, who never enjoyed proper CD quality and listens through some 1.5" desktop Logitek speakers, you really can't say he wants to be a member there, because that's where the cool kids are.

I would rather ask idol if he has ruined his ears, because he seems like someone old enough to have enjoyed real CDs
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Please don't consider this spam ,but why?

Btw I'm not a member as I really don't understand ,for the vast majority of people , the reasoning behind downloading FLAC.

That was a serious statement btw.If someone could explain it to me in terms I can understand, I'd appreciate it.
    flac is lossless and mp3 is lossy. I usually download only flac albums from what.cd, but I also want to be a member of xbtmusic.
    Idol, at this point, shouldn't we support anything Oleg does that will make him "less of a loser"?

I support Oleg's request on this ground alone.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I was born with it's sister disease- you know, like Mr. Glass ("Limited Edition").
    Last edited by megabyteme; 10-20-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Grabbing FLACs doesn't guarantee coolness, for instance when the end result is to make some mp3s, that actually makes me lame

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I was born with it's sister disease- you know, like Mr. Glass ("Limited Edition").
    It's been awhile since I've seen the film, but I think I remember him winning in the end (just not well-liked).

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    I had a lot of fun blind-testing some younger classmates with FLAC vs. 128/160/192Kbps mp3. Most of them thought FLAC sounded just wrong and picked the mp3 as sounding better every time, since they were used to radio and low quality mp3 from napster, limewire etc instead of actual CDs.

So unless Olegl is someone, who never enjoyed proper CD quality and listens through some 1.5" desktop Logitek speakers, you really can't say he wants to be a member there, because that's where the cool kids are.

I would rather ask idol if he has ruined his ears, because he seems like someone old enough to have enjoyed real CDs
    78's man but only the hip ones.You really haven't lived until you've listened to Charlie Patton wailing through the old Victrola.

Grabbing FLACs doesn't guarantee coolness, for instance when the end result is to make some mp3s, that actually makes me lame
    Lame like in the music HAhahahahahahahahaahahahah
    Ha.

Ha.

Anyway me my point wasn't that downloading FLAC (or HD ) makes you cool ,but rather people think that it does and that is the reason - that and they think that be "being in the club" they will somehow be furthering their bt careers is why a lot ,I would even say the majority, do it.

Really if someone wishes to listen to FLAC or two rocks being banged together under water , I couldn't care less if they are doing it because they truly want to with no ulterior motives.

Or I could be entirely wrong,it's not like it would be the first time.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-20-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Ha.

Ha.
    My humanitarian skills are rusty, but I wonder if this is reminiscent of a feeling of concern/worry (that I am experiencing).

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I would have thought that impossible so it's probably either revulsion or gas.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    TTS's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    How old are your mother buddy ?

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    I willfully download MP3 and SD so that people don't think I think I'm cool.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

It's been awhile since I've seen the film, but I think I remember him winning in the end (just not well-liked).
    I know how that feels...

Ha.
    [...]
    Ha.
    You guys, and yer LAME jokes...

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I willfully download MP3 and SD so that people don't think I think I'm cool.
    You've got A LOT of people fooled.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 10-20-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast