Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any coder available?

Hey guys,

I 'm trying to built a custom tbdev (preferably) bittorrent tracker. The thing is i have little knowledge in coding but me and my friend are full of unique and radical ideas. We're something like an IDEAbank but with no means to make them reality. So i thought i should at least bother to ask if there is any available coder here? I would say i'll pay (because i'm willing to) but then all the freelancers will be on my ass. I've paid endless times and got nothing (half-done jobs) so this time..i'll start with nothing and at the end of the PROJECT (not a job) there might be a huge..donation.

The thing is..it ain't no simple copy paste stuff, we have ideas that do not exist anywhere on code. So whats in for you is that you can then take all the "end product" and start an international tracker that will simply rock! We want this tracker to be country specific and we have no desire to compete any major tracker scene or not. We only want a great, secure, automated, community based tracker.

Also just for the record i've run a tracker for almost two years now but its nowhere close to what i want. imagine FSC (with that nice funspace thingie) blown away in compare to this. No disrespect Retro or anyone else..

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    So just to get things straight before this thread turns into the inevitable slagfest:
    1. You and your friend sit around and bong it up and come up with a bank of radical ideas
    2. You would like a coder to custom build an automated site (based on TBDev) so that you can then run it yourself, for which he might receive a donation once the project is complete.
    3. You have already run a tracker for two years but it isn't close to what you want. At this point I have to ask what about the current coder or did he fuck off when the magical donation didn't appear ?
    4. You want the 'nice funspace thingie' but better. No disrespect to Retro, one of the major contributors to the TBDev source code and a contributor of many addon modules and scripts, even though you don't know how to code yourself.

So in summation, you're an idiot.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You might think coding is easy, but have often thought something would be easy to implement, program, and then my programmer spends maybe 4 hours figuring out how to implement it (that's not counting the occasional bug that can arise). These are all things I would (with my limited coding knowledge) consider original but easy to implement.

Noone is going to do the work for you for free, unless being highly involved in the running of the site after it's done. Paid for or not. Because what you would consider a huge donation, wouldn't even cover minimum wage for the time implementing your IDEAbank. Seriously, throw out a number what you consider a huge donation for creating a site from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    I'll be happy to code for you. I'm highly experienced with PHP, Pearl, Python, and AS3. I could easily code up anything that you want, and I don't even need a donation.
    Last edited by Xizie; 10-24-2011 at 02:18 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Xizie View Post
    I'll be happy to code for you. I'm highly experienced with PHP, Pearl, Python, and AS3. I could easily code up anything that you want, and I don't even need a donation.
    I thought you had a wife. what does she say to you spending hour upon hours working for free, and especially for a site where they get the site when done and you just get a copy of the code for own use?

Oh and didn't you despise private bittorent mentality? https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...rent-community.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    So just to get things straight before this thread turns into the inevitable slagfest:
    1. You and your friend sit around and bong it up and come up with a bank of radical ideas
    2. You would like a coder to custom build an automated site (based on TBDev) so that you can then run it yourself, for which he might receive a donation once the project is complete.
    3. You have already run a tracker for two years but it isn't close to what you want. At this point I have to ask what about the current coder or did he fuck off when the magical donation didn't appear ?
    4. You want the 'nice funspace thingie' but better. No disrespect to Retro, one of the major contributors to the TBDev source code and a contributor of many addon modules and scripts, even though you don't know how to code yourself.

So in summation, you're an idiot.
    2. I have no problem with the coder staying around once it's done if he wants to. Are you stupid? It's just that i want it to be country specific so he won't be interested..that is what i thought. OFC he can stay.
    3. No you fricking idiot. I tried coding it myself, read some guides, book entry level html, php, mysql etc. Plus i had a helping hand for free from a friend but i had to keep pushing things all the time to get a thing done.
    4. I seriously mean that. Retro has given a lot in concept and in code and i ain't planning on disrespecting him at all. Full credits will appear and everything.
    5. Just so you know..the tracker i had for 2+ years didn't even had a donate.php...it was all on me. server + seedboxes.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    You might think coding is easy, but have often thought something would be easy to implement, program, and then my programmer spends maybe 4 hours figuring out how to implement it (that's not counting the occasional bug that can arise). These are all things I would (with my limited coding knowledge) consider original but easy to implement.

Noone is going to do the work for you for free, unless being highly involved in the running of the site after it's done. Paid for or not. Because what you would consider a huge donation, wouldn't even cover minimum wage for the time implementing your IDEAbank. Seriously, throw out a number what you consider a huge donation for creating a site from scratch.
    Well until now i've paid around 500-1000 euros and i have 4-5 tbdev and gazelle sources half done. So if i get a complete source i could easily and gratefully give at least another 500 euros.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I thought you had a wife. what does she say to you spending hour upon hours working for free
    Trust me, she's cool with it. After all she's being well taken care of when hubby is away playing.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    cibu's Avatar I gots me a seedbox BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75

Noone is going to do the work for you for free
    Quote Originally Posted by xizie
    haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick.Ross @http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2F9Km5d0w
    I’mma tell you something and don’t think that I’m weird/I eat leftover food that gets stuck in my beard

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    So far, Plumber(s): 1 | Coder(s): 0

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast