Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any coder available?

bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by randoman View Post
    No disrespect Retro or anyone else..
    Who are you to disrespect retro? As a n00b in coding, you have no 'right' to respect retro, simply because he was one of the very few coders who made & converted bt to what you see now.
    Teh n00b.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Who are you to disrespect retro? As a n00b in coding, you have no 'right' to respect retro, simply because he was one of the very few coders who made & converted bt to what you see now.
    I think you're going overboard with that one.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Go take your pills now...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    You might think coding is easy, but have often thought something would be easy to implement, program, and then my programmer spends maybe 4 hours figuring out how to implement it (that's not counting the occasional bug that can arise). These are all things I would (with my limited coding knowledge) consider original but easy to implement.

Noone is going to do the work for you for free, unless being highly involved in the running of the site after it's done. Paid for or not. Because what you would consider a huge donation, wouldn't even cover minimum wage for the time implementing your IDEAbank. Seriously, throw out a number what you consider a huge donation for creating a site from scratch.
    Well until now i've paid around 500-1000 euros and i have 4-5 tbdev and gazelle sources half done. So if i get a complete source i could easily and gratefully give at least another 500 euros.
    Might depend on where in the world, but here 500 euros wouldn't be enough to pay someone working as a cashier for 1 week/40 hours work, let alone someone with the mad coding skillz. Maybe 16-20 hours tops. So really any donation would be far from HUGE.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 10-24-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You mean filled with a lot of insincere, illiterate,level obsessed teens?

OK thanks for that.Just don't expect a Christmas card or anything.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    So just to get things straight before this thread turns into the inevitable slagfest:
    1. You and your friend sit around and bong it up and come up with a bank of radical ideas
    2. You would like a coder to custom build an automated site (based on TBDev) so that you can then run it yourself, for which he might receive a donation once the project is complete.
    3. You have already run a tracker for two years but it isn't close to what you want. At this point I have to ask what about the current coder or did he fuck off when the magical donation didn't appear ?
    4. You want the 'nice funspace thingie' but better. No disrespect to Retro, one of the major contributors to the TBDev source code and a contributor of many addon modules and scripts, even though you don't know how to code yourself.

So in summation, you're an idiot.
    2. I have no problem with the coder staying around once it's done if he wants to. Are you stupid? It's just that i want it to be country specific so he won't be interested..that is what i thought. OFC he can stay.
    3. No you fricking idiot. I tried coding it myself, read some guides, book entry level html, php, mysql etc. Plus i had a helping hand for free from a friend but i had to keep pushing things all the time to get a thing done.
    4. I seriously mean that. Retro has given a lot in concept and in code and i ain't planning on disrespecting him at all. Full credits will appear and everything.
    5. Just so you know..the tracker i had for 2+ years didn't even had a donate.php...it was all on me. server + seedboxes.
    I find it interesting that you ask me if I am stupid, considering the rather moronic first post you managed to dribble all over this forum. Why for instance did you not post such a request at the tbdev forums for a start ?

Also if you had administered a tracker for two years you would know that coding is an ongoing process, patches and updates need to be applied all the time, so an automated site is a fallacy. Now I know this because I know some coders, including those who code for bt sites and forums
    Your IDEAbank makes you sound like an immature teen, it isn't the idea, it is viability and implementation that are key, both of which you seem to be sadly lacking....

I harken back to my original summation: You're an idiot.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23

2. I have no problem with the coder staying around once it's done if he wants to. Are you stupid? It's just that i want it to be country specific so he won't be interested..that is what i thought. OFC he can stay.
    3. No you fricking idiot. I tried coding it myself, read some guides, book entry level html, php, mysql etc. Plus i had a helping hand for free from a friend but i had to keep pushing things all the time to get a thing done.
    4. I seriously mean that. Retro has given a lot in concept and in code and i ain't planning on disrespecting him at all. Full credits will appear and everything.
    5. Just so you know..the tracker i had for 2+ years didn't even had a donate.php...it was all on me. server + seedboxes.
    I find it interesting that you ask me if I am stupid, considering the rather moronic first post you managed to dribble all over this forum. Why for instance did you not post such a request at the tbdev forums for a start ?

Also if you had administered a tracker for two years you would know that coding is an ongoing process, patches and updates need to be applied all the time, so an automated site is a fallacy. Now I know this because I know some coders, including those who code for bt sites and forums
    Your IDEAbank makes you sound like an immature teen, it isn't the idea, it is viability and implementation that are key, both of which you seem to be sadly lacking....

I harken back to my original summation: You're an idiot.
    no offense but there is nothing interesting about him asking you if you are stupid.It's actually a very valid question.Just look at all those lines of gibberish you've spattered in this thread and you'll come to the same conclusion that you actually might be stupid.Did you even read the thread title?
    and wtf is this?
    Your IDEAbank makes you sound like an immature teen, it isn't the idea...it is viability and implementation that are key, both of which you seem to be sadly lacking....
    it is always the idea you trolling dipshit.seriously?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I've missed you too sez

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    [QUOTE=sez;3622267]
    it is always the idea you trolling dipshit.seriously?
    I missed that point, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered ro reply here in the first place.
    Teh n00b.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    [QUOTE=bijoy;3622307]
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post

I missed that point, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered ro reply here in the first place.
    Well we could always resurrect your post history if you want bijoy ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast