Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Budget Camera For Shooting Films: IYO

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    You've obviously never been treated to 'error 99' then
    We only have a 20D, and I did not find any references to people having that issue. Actually, we have only had one set of error messages, and that was when I was trying to connect my netbook to it to do a remote screen view/shutter control with known unsupporting software- the camera just does not support what I was trying to make it do. My fault.

I am rarely an early adopter with technology. I'd typically prefer to let others struggle through the headaches, and post the solutions. I'm too prone to stress to set myself up for that. With the length of time the 7D has been out, I expect the vast majority of its problems have been resolved. The camera itself does not have a bad reputation (by any means), so if I had the money available now, I would give some of the major Canon forums a glance through before making such a substantial (for us, anyway) purchase.

Thanks for the heads-up, though. It seems to be a substantial, nasty, persistent little catch-all (aren't those the best)?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Error 99 is a catch-all communications error with Canon camera/lenses. It means that the lens is not communicating with the camera electronics and cannot focus etc. There are two choices (out of all the forum blurbs) clean the lens/camera contacts with isoprop or option 2 send the lens off to an authorised canon repair center. Now the trick is just to look at the lens and give a quote (before any work is done) the minimum charge is $135 here in good old N.Z. . The cost per hour for labour is $130 - fucking hell it's not brain surgery!

The upshot of this is I have a very nice canon 28-135 IS coffee table ornament now, so beware error 99!
    Last edited by Artemis; 10-28-2011 at 10:39 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Which camera(s) have you experienced this with?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Anyone else notice the second shoe from the left is the only one with laces?

Thanks for the trick video, Idol.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    At the risk of offending Neve Campbell I want to know why their are three dupe threads on this topic and why two of them are in the Movie section and the Lounge?
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Way to avoid the hard question. You are part politician, aren't you?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    "The Internets have too many would be kings and forum warriors but not enough poets".I'd like that for my FST epithet please.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Answer the question: Did you order the shoe red?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Answer the question: Did you order the shoe red?
    Now he's beginning to seem like an English politician caught with his cock out

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12