Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pedro's BTMusic Ban Amnesty

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    btmusic AMENSTY 2011

In almost 8 years we developed a sound and vibrant community. Just recently we noted 50,000 torrents online of *unique* perfect lossless album rips. We have grown strong and famous. Every single one of you can be proud of that, since we all built this place together. In this spirit we hereby declare 2 weeks time of amnesty of any banned user meeting the following conditions:

At the moment of banning your ratio was equal or higher than 0.75.

You were NOT banned because of trading, being affiliated with traders or breaking our invitation policy (if you were we won't let you back in).

Your disabled account is still on the system. If it isn't we will not re-invite you (unless a staff member personally remembers you). Note that disabled accounts older than around 1.5 year are no longer on the system.

Your country isn't on the banned countries list (if it is, we won't let you back in).

IMPORTANT 1: Don't be shy. This is your chance to come back to btmusic. There won't be another. Let's put aside any political bullshit or argument. It's time to grow up and move on! Also note that if you were banned for offensive conduct or other disagreement with the staff it might be a good idea to apologize to the staff and the community, either in our IRC or in the forum. This is not required, yet recommended.

IMPORTANT 2: If you contacted us before and we refused to re-enable your account because e.g. of bad ratio, feel free ask to again. If only you meet the amnesty conditions, you will get your account back.

IMPORTANT 3: Note that unbanned accounts will be closely watched, so don't even think about trading banned accounts. It will not work, especially with all your account details data already stored on the system.

ATTENTION - HOW TO APPLY: If any of your friends or people you know lost their account and meet the amnesty conditions, tell him to write to btmusichelp(at)gmail.com with (1) the words "AMNESTY: <USERNAME>" in the title of the email and (2) shortly state your case in the message body. Incomplete applications will be discarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Thanks for the heads up, ca_aok.

Here's what I ended up sending in:

Between the site migrating (I'm not sure how far into my inactivity it even happened), my graduation, my starting a new job, my starting a new relationship, I lost complete contact with the site (as well as touch with a lot of online friends in the process). I did try to go back here and there, but assumed the server was stunted (as it had been on a couple of occasions), as opposed to the domain migrated.

I'd love it if I were given a second chance to make things right with my account. I did have every intent of applying to be an uploader and sharing some of my unique collections, but time and worldliness got the better of me.
    And I'd like to extend an apology to you as well, for obvious reasons. I did love every minute that I spent at Pedro's (and some of the music I found there I've still found no replacement for elsewhere). It just sucks that I'll need to get back into the seedbox game for a while to keep up with my personal demand from them (which was the reason I was slow at being active there in the first place).
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    To be honest I hadn't even noticed, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    My account was deleted in 2006 or 2007, so, obviously, it's not in their system now. I still have hope that a kind soul will invite me to Pedro's one day...
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Is Pedro's BTMusic down mainly because the link I have seems to be down...Could some kind folk PM me the URL.

Just an edit...If you want the URL try the What Trackers Offer link at the top of the page, It's In there somewhere.
    Last edited by LubTheStaringCat; 10-29-2011 at 09:27 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Very nice incentive except I wish they would also help those which have been deleted due to inactivity. That being said staff handled at least my case very nicely when I was deleted a while back, and although it sucked to lose the 40GB buffer and starting anew, at least I was invited back. My IP was somehow ended up in a banned range on ISP level, so being "not found" I naturally expected the site to be down and ended up being deleted.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 10-29-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    it's kinda funny that banned for fake rips are eligible for unbanning.. (and maybe for being uploaders again too, hehe)
    let's welcome back geddy lee/analog kid/wateva his nick is
    Last edited by kukushka; 10-29-2011 at 02:33 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Since no one gave a reasonable explanation before could someone please explain to the point of downloading FLAC?
    Seeing as it doesn't play on iPods which presumably is how most people are going to end up listening to the music.

Please don't say to archive it because that basically means storing it away to rarely use it.Or storing it and then re-encoding it to a more usable form which is just silly.

Being serious.
    Thanks in Adam Ants.

PS Someone besides Darth Rings or kukushka.Frankly they irritate the fuck out of me and if I'm going to face being condescended to I'd prefer not to begin pissed off from the get go.
    No offense.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-29-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Seeing as it doesn't play on iPods which presumably is how most people are going to end up listening to the music.

Please don't say to archive it because that basically means storing it away to rarely use it.Or storing it and then re-encoding it to a more usable form which is just silly.

PS Someone besides Darth Rings or kukushka.Frankly they irritate the fuck out of me and if I'm going to face being condescended to I'd prefer not to begin pissed off from the get go.
    No offense.
    I'd like to see an example of me being condescending when asked a question. I don't think I've ever reciprocated an earnest query with anything less than paragraphs' worth of a good answer.
    Ellipses go here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    OK then answer the question.
    Btw if you read my post carefully you will see I said that you were irritating as fuck not that you were necessarily condescending. The condescension part was an implication that the answer couldn't be given without some condescension on the part of the person
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast