Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boss

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Boss stars Kelsey Grammer as the mayor of Chicago, recently diagnosed with an incurable Alzheimers-like disease.
    Thematically it's kind of the bastard child of Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad, set in current times (wanna bet they squeeze in an OWS sideplot at some point?).

Based only on the pilot (Starz, Friday nights), Boss could be a worthwhile investment- Kelsey Grammer was quite convincing as he chewed through the Chicago scenery and the concept
    leaves plenty of room for weirdness.
    We'll see where it goes.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Two words that prevent me from watching it: Kelsey Grammer.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-29-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Six words that made me curious about this show: Mean looking mug of Kelsey Grammer.

This is one of the shows I'll give several episodes to work out, and see if it's worth my time.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    We'll see where it goes.
    As usual, your recs carry substantial weight on my viewing. I'll give this (completely unknown to me prior to your post) one a shot. Looks like it is about 3 eps in so far, so that will make for a good start.

Thanks for the heads-up, c!
    Last edited by megabyteme; 10-30-2011 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Used "shot" twice in 20 words. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Boss stars Kelsey Grammer as the mayor of Chicago, recently diagnosed with an incurable Alzheimers-like disease.
    Thematically it's kind of the bastard child of Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad, set in current times (wanna bet they squeeze in an OWS sideplot at some point?).

Based only on the pilot (Starz, Friday nights), Boss could be a worthwhile investment- Kelsey Grammer was quite convincing as he chewed through the Chicago scenery and the concept
    leaves plenty of room for weirdness.
    We'll see where it goes.
    I've seen the first couple episodes and I'm already hooked. I'm sure if you give it a chance clocker, you'll be hooked as well. can't wait for tonight's episode

there's a cool giveaway taking place right now for BOSS fans. making money from watching a great tv show? sign me up please. here's the link for anyone interested - modernman.com/boss-giveaway-contest-revenue-increases

Grammer's performance is stellar - Emmy-nomination worthy to say the least IMO. does anyone else think so?

I'm helping STARZ spread the word about this series so let me know if anyone has questions.

---
    Derek
    Last edited by dairack; 12-01-2011 at 09:30 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    There you have it a totally unbiased opinion with absolutely no thinly disguised agenda or anything.
    Next up Mr. Christie informs me that cookies are really great and I should make it a point to eat some.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I keep meaning to tune on this one as I've always dug Kelsey and would like to see him in a different role besides a prissy shrink. Thanks for the reminder, clock.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    There you have it a totally unbiased opinion with absolutely no thinly disguised agenda or anything.
    Next up Mr. Christie informs me that cookies are really great and I should make it a point to eat some.
    Haha @ the Mr Christie joke! I'll tell you upfront that my agenda is to spread the word about BOSS. It's a great series!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    You said that already Derrick or maybe I've unknowingly been plunged into a Black Hole where the very fabric of time has been rent asunder and like in the movie Groundhog Day my last twenty-four is playing over and over again.

If so I will use this rare occurrence wisely and do as many stupid things as humanly or even inhumanly possible in the blissful knowledge that everything will be forgotten when things return to normal.
    If not then I'd like to apologize to your Mom in advance.

Two reasons why Boss is better than the original Beverly Hills 90210.

You know after waiting a decade for that I feel vaguely let down.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    This show doesn't get my vote

Being that the airing of episodes got a head start on me and I was bedridden for nearly a week with some kind of Flucolditis, I jumped into 3 episodes of this series. The only reason I watched 2 and 3 is because I already grabbed them and everything else in my library was pretty exhausted. I found the show entirely uninspiring. Now I'm not marking this down as a bad show, nor am I attacking the acting. I just haven't found a single character to be that complex, and the sleazy politics is not something that can keep my interest on its own merits as a storyline. By the 45th minute of the 3rd episode I did find myself just skipping to the end. I'm disappointed yet again.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast