Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hey im a noob!

not sure where to post but im a noob to this forum looking for some stuff and need a little help if some one could please help me that would be great

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhimaru View Post
    need a little help
    Accidentally_snes.jpg
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Lounge   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I think he just wants to know where to make his first post, and to that I'll answer "in that thread".
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Sorry, many of us are helpful around here, but we simply cannot offer you the kind of help you need. You mention needing to find "stuff"- any chance a local pharmacist could help? They are often good with "things" that itch, and are swollen, or blistered. Or, if you are implying illicit drugs, chances are you've found a good community, but then again shipping costs get ridiculous, and Feds seem pretty adept at reading return mail addresses. I know for one, I feel bad enough for the last time my 87 year old neighbor got raided.

So, there you have it, we are helpful, just not with "stuff" you are likely looking for. Let us know sometime if you are looking for snarky answers- there we can assist 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    no what I needed help with is I am looking for some veitnamese movie and don't know where to find them ben dong nuoc is one of them there seems to be no torrents anywhere for them. by the way I like the last post about the drug raid well thought out and pharmacy lol

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Welcome, blackhimaru. Glad I could give you a chuckle!

Now that you have specified what you need help with, there is a good chance someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Your first post wasn't taken seriously because we do get quite a few new members here who simply throw out a number of worthless posts (such as "Hi, I'm new here") without any real intent of interaction- they are simply trying to make these posts to gain access to a section where they can request invites to other sites.

Good luck. I hope someone here has access to Vietnamese movies, or knows where to get them.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Welcome, blackhimaru. Glad I could give you a chuckle!

Now that you have specified what you need help with, there is a good chance someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Your first post wasn't taken seriously because we do get quite a few new members here who simply throw out a number of worthless posts (such as "Hi, I'm new here") without any real intent of interaction- they are simply trying to make these posts to gain access to a section where they can request invites to other sites.

Good luck. I hope someone here has access to Vietnamese movies, or knows where to get them.
    Damn, that was straight-forward but helpful. I guess most new posters here are considered insincere?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu-Kun View Post
    Damn, that was straight-forward but helpful. I guess most new posters here are considered insincere?
    It really depends on what the poster has to say, but far too often, yes. We have quite a few sections, and a lot of old, active threads in them. Too many of these threads are filled with posts (in the case of "What was the last movie you watched, and what did you think of it?") that amount to nothing more than "Horrible Bosses 10/10", or "Bad Teacher Great movie." There are also a lot of threads that are simply used by members hoping to build a post-count.

And, don't get me wrong- new members are VERY welcome. Give us someone who enjoys the content available (movies, books, music, games, etc.) and can string together an occasional paragraph on what they actually think about the content will find themselves in very good company. Heck, you don't even need to care about media content- just have an occasional thought, and you'll be welcomed.

Hope that helps.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu-Kun View Post
    It really depends on what the poster has to say, but far too often, yes. We have quite a few sections, and a lot of old, active threads in them. Too many of these threads are filled with posts (in the case of "What was the last movie you watched, and what did you think of it?") that amount to nothing more than "Horrible Bosses 10/10", or "Bad Teacher Great movie." There are also a lot of threads that are simply used by members hoping to build a post-count.

And, don't get me wrong- new members are VERY welcome. Give us someone who enjoys the content available (movies, books, music, games, etc.) and can string together an occasional paragraph on what they actually think about the content will find themselves in very good company. Heck, you don't even need to care about media content- just have an occasional thought, and you'll be welcomed.

Hope that helps.
    I understand where you're coming from. I'm sure over the years you've seen it a lot. People who join FST with agendas that leave as quickly as they came when their mission is fulfilled. The quality of their posts and their overall activity is usually a good indicator of that. Trust me when I say, I get that.

However, I cant say that we don't all join with agendas. For instance, I joined FST because I have a love for all forms of media and entertainment. Lately, the economy has been terrible and I've had to cut back on the luxuries. So, I started researching alternate ways of still enjoying media and I came across a world of knowledge. It was overwhelming; and I wanted to know much more. So, being the type of man I am, I've joined this community hoping that I could learn and also share my enjoyment with others that have similar interests.

In the end, I know combing through the many useful threads and recognizing the helpful and insightful people will take time. But that's the reason I joined. I consider this a journey and not just a sprint. Nonetheless, my main purpose for responding was because I found it humorous, how bluntly you addressed the "real" reason why he was here. It struck me that the engrained members of FST might find all our posts agenda-laden. But I'm glad you set the record straight.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Excuse me while I fucking vomit, please.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast