Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments for a card.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Just the same in this case. Hoping for remission is going to destroy whatever other possible space for positive reinforcement is left in that man. Once he abandons it and accepts his fate, he'll realize he hung on to the wrong emotion for too long. It would be far more sensible to hang on to love, humor, and being content than using the flip-side of the desperation coin.
    As per the first sentence of my second quote :-)

2. Lounge   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Just the same in this case. Hoping for remission is going to destroy whatever other possible space for positive reinforcement is left in that man. Once he abandons it and accepts his fate, he'll realize he hung on to the wrong emotion for too long. It would be far more sensible to hang on to love, humor, and being content than using the flip-side of the desperation coin.
    I guess it's confirmed ,something that I suspected all along ,that Darth Rings is indeed hopeless.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I hear some of 'em can cook, too.
    I'll just take this one:

I wouldn't believe everything you hear... the best chefs are all men.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    ' Hope is itself a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords: but, like all other pleasures immoderately enjoyed, the excesses of hope must be expiated by pain; and expectations improperly indulged must end in disappointment. '

- Samuel Johnson June 8 1762

Hope is part of the human condition, to deny it is to deny imagination, a belief that things can be better. Some thrive when presented with stark realities (in this case imminent death from cancer) most are crushed and devastated, and without hope the stark reality of such an end crushes the will of most.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. Lounge   -   #15
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I doubt your co-worker is gearing up to go fight the Afghans.
    How does one fight an Afghan, by tossing and turning?

9280862_1.jpg

Also, you never described your relationship with this "bloke", so how could we determine how appropriate/sensitive the comment was.

Other thoughts for signing Get Well Soon cards for newly informed cancer sufferers:
    "I know you have cancer"
    "Let's cook meth" - for lung cancer
    "Just so you know, God isn't real" followed by "I'll pray for you"
    "You should have had a V8"
    "Well, I guess you don't have a reason to quit smoking now, huh?"

Other suggestions?
    Last edited by mjmacky; 10-30-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: added hr
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    While I have hope that Reject/you/Nietzsche all eventually fuck the fuck off, it is not hope I blame while you continue to stay. That would be despising the wrong side of the equation...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I doubt your co-worker is gearing up to go fight the Afghans.
    How does one fight an Afghan, by tossing and turning?

9280862_1.jpg

Last time I trust spell-check over my own instincts.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    While I have hope that Reject/you/Nietzsche all eventually fuck the fuck off, it is not hope I blame while you continue to stay. That would be despising the wrong side of the equation...
    Ah! But you have three hopes... whereas my lung cancer suffering mate only has two... none and Bob... and one of them is already dead... thus making hope a completely futile emotional response.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Don't forget Hope Lange.

10. Lounge   -   #20

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast