Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing blocks confusion

Unsure

So far I've been downloading a vast variety of shows from new groups, but I've been more of a passive user knowing only the bare minimum. Occasionally one of my downloads will turn out to be corrupt and have missing blocks usually I ignore it and try and find another source but I want this to be a thing of the past as I have quite a slow connection.

The download I'm trying to fix has 5 missing blocks, I understand I need additional par2 files to attempt to repair the file. I have the following par2 files:
    *.vol00+01.par2
    *.vol01+02.par2
    *.vol03+04.par2
    *.vol07+08.par2
    *.vol15+12.par2

The problem is I have no idea on how to get the required par2 files, I thought I could post in the newsgroup the file where posted too, but I doubt my post would be noticed among all the file posts which get added every minute.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    They are there and posted, I could tell you exactly where, but I'm not sure of your method for grabbing them (headers, autoindexed generation of nzb or original nzb, etc.).

Alt.binz usually adds those recovery volumes as paused, so you might already have them loaded in your client (they just weren't downloaded).
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    right I see, the nzb was autoindexed I got it from binsearch. The articles where posted in alt.binaries.teevee . I was under the impression that some parts may have been deleted by the provider as it is a recent episode from a hbo show
    Last edited by fk-bps; 11-02-2011 at 12:09 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Yeah the recovery volumes are sometimes listed separately on binsearch.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Right I'll keep an eye out, what about requesting on a irc channel like alt.binaries.teevee@EFNet . I was reading the help file but I don't know how I would request a par2 file as your meant to state a part like *.r02

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Download ANY of the par2 files already present in the listings, any of them can be used to repair. There would be no need to request them since they're already posted. If parts are being removed, for instance because of DMCA for HBO series, that's how it is on a Giganews server, the same wouldn't apply to Astraweb so you'll be less likely to find help in that regard.

If you name the release, even by imdb tt number, season/episode, release group, I can point you to the par2 files directly.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Interesting the release is Curb.Your.Enthusiasm.S08E08.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION and I have 5 blocks missing if you could point me to the files that'd be great
    Cheers
    Last edited by fk-bps; 11-02-2011 at 01:05 AM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    if your getting corrupt volumes often get a better news provider because that release is complete on usenet servers... who is your provider btw

Quote Originally Posted by fk-bps View Post
    Interesting the release is Curb.Your.Enthusiasm.S08E08.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION and I have 5 blocks missing if you could point me to the files that'd be great
    Cheers
    http://binsearch.info/index.php?q=Cu...ont=&postdate=

use this when u search on binsearch, bookmark the following link:
    http://binsearch.info/index.php?q=&m...ont=&postdate=

Quote Originally Posted by fk-bps View Post
    Right I'll keep an eye out, what about requesting on a irc channel like alt.binaries.teevee@EFNet . I was reading the help file but I don't know how I would request a par2 file as your meant to state a part like *.r02
    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/

search this forum on how to request on irc all the information you need has already been posted..
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 11-02-2011 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Pimpn aint easy ®

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    My provider is UNS ( http://www.usenetserver.com/ ) they seem to work well for most downloads I haven't really had any problems with them, would you recommend I switch?
    I'm getting an error when I navigate to the quickpar forum, "Error: Unable to insert into online list."

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 11-02-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Pimpn aint easy ®

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast